NASA LIES and other musings....

Mulder

I am more disappointed that there is not a Concorde replacement yet.

That's not going to happen either. Everything's built to a cost these days rather than for willy waving bragging rights. Similar in a way to the space race. Russia vs usa, concorde vs concordski

• Like 1

Concorde was never that.

I would actually say the demand for Concorde would be stronger now than it was in its day.

There is certainly a much larger extremely wealthy customer base that would use it today than there was then.

One of my biggest regrets is that I did not seize an opportunity I had to fly on it. Towards the end you could fly to the U.S. business class and come back Concorde for a tiny extra amount

David

• Like 1

Putting nasa to one side. I think it is actually quite easy to mislead , exploit or manipulate large parts of the population

It's also amazing how many people will believe what they read or are told without question

Most people act on intuition, belief or instinct rather than fact and analysis

Religions rely on this. A lot of politics does.

It's one reason why referendums are generally a bad way of taking decisions.

What will we look back on in 20 years and think in hindsight we were mislead or simply wrong about and think how could anyone have believed that was true?

Manmade climate change? Migration, statins, smart motorways,

Not as much as I regret not doing the flight on staff travel whilst I worked at BA.

The costs involved today developing a supersonic airliner would be eye watering especially taking the environmental and noise requirements for modern aircraft in to account. Airliners haven't really advanced a great deal in 50 years when you look at how other industry has advanced. They have just become quieter, more refined and more efficient. Even now the new incarnations of the stalwart 737s and a320s are largely unchanged, why? Because the airlines don't want to change them too much because it costs too much to train the pilots and crew.

Anyway big thread drift....

What will we look back on in 20 years and think in hindsight we were mislead or simply wrong about and think how could anyone have believed that was true?

So what were we told 20 years ago that we look back on now and say "how/why did we believe that?"

What about 40 years ago? 

So what were we told 20 years ago that we look back on now and say "how/why did we believe that?"

What about 40 years ago? 

Common market .... grabs coat

WMD ...

Did he really jump? Could be another conspiracy .....

I s'pose he could have been pushed...  :getmecoat:

And "The worlds biggest economy relies on oil and wars..."

Yup, so does the worlds 5th biggest. We can hardly take the moral high ground there.

What about 40 years ago? 

Our children will never see snow in Britain again, and the ice caps will have melted by 2006...

No more fish in the sea !

It will all have evaporated away and whatever little is left will be too acid & salty  :t-up:

Our children will never see snow in Britain again, and the ice caps will have melted by 2006...

What about "the world will run out of oil by the 21st century"

I want the robot butler, flying car and jet pack I was promised by the TV programme Tomorrow's World.

• Like 1

Common market .... grabs coat

WMD ...

What was wrong with the Common Market? It is/was the European Union which was/is the problem/basket case surely?

I want the robot butler, flying car and jet pack I was promised by the TV programme Tomorrow's World.

Can't we buy a flying "car", if we want one? And a jet pack, if we could afford them?

What was wrong with the Common Market? It is/was the European Union which was/is the problem/basket case surely?

Exactly  We signed up for a common market ... not what it was becoming ..