Silverstone Classic 2016

Captain Colonial

Not seen an email yet, could you let us know who the sender is? Worried has been moved as spam.

Not received an email yet either!

& definitely not in Spam.

:( :( :(

No, not received yet.

i had a quick look on my account this morning and it says they have only dispatched 5percent of the tickets so far

Its saying only 5% posted on seetickets site so might be a while yet

Ah, ok. Have another (unrelated) item, for work, delayed somewhere in the post at the moment, so was starting to get a bit paranoid!!

Tickets arrived today - complete with infield pass for the Westie .....

I've even worked out how I can get a couple of camping chairs and a rucksack strapped to to boot for some creature comforts :)    

Is the WSCC taking anything ? (gazebo's, chairs, bbq's, iced beer chiller .... :rolleyes:

You need to ask the esteemed Show and Events Coordinator, Lord Banks. :)

Tickets arrived today - complete with infield pass for the Westie .....

I've even worked out how I can get a couple of camping chairs and a rucksack strapped to to boot for some creature comforts :)    

Is the WSCC taking anything ? (gazebo's, chairs, bbq's, iced beer chiller .... :rolleyes:

You need to ask the esteemed Show and Events Coordinator, Lord Banks. :)

I'm attempting to get to Silverstone Thursday and set up a small gazebo on the infield, it's not industrial by any means so I'd appreciate if Members could keep an eye on it. It will have a small number of canned drinks left over from Stoneleigh and the 30th Tees (available from Saturday) and I'll plant a few of our 30th flags out too - same thing, if Members can be minded to keep an eye on these please.

I'll be there Saturday all day (and Saturday only) so will be able to assist in dishing out 30th Tees - the drinks should be used sparingly as I think these need to be kept for the Members who might want to hang about Friday, Saturday and Sunday helping others and helping dish out the Tees in which case, please feel free to bring your own chairs, beers, etc. Of course, at your expense and risk, but please do make use of the area as gathering spot. I'm not convinced on the BBQ front, if I get the opportunity, I'll ask and get back to you but assume this may not be allowed due to H&S and existing concessions.

As has been said, Silverstone has never been an event where we expect to have a full on managed and manned Club presence, it is meant to be for all the Members to come and enjoy themselves and to get involved in a infield display and subsequent parade lap, I think the marquee, making use of excess from Stoneleigh for the Membership and the "controlled" handing out of remaining anniversary Tess warrants a little something as above though.

• Like 1

I don't mind spending a bit of time each day "manning" the gazebo - if there are a few cars present etc.

BUT Scott had tried to make very clear from the start of the Silverstone endeavour; this is a thirtieth birthday "present" to each and every member that can make it, so the idea is that everyone gets to enjoy what's on, without feeling like they have to be part of the organisation, Stoneleigh style.

I would treat it more a a rallying point, than a normal display.

That said, if you can get your car in there for most of the weekend Stu, it's a great looking example to represent the brand.

• Like 1

I'm driving up from Cornwall on the Thursday so hoping to be there mid afternoon if you need help

I'm driving up from Cornwall on the Thursday so hoping to be there mid afternoon if you need help

Excellent, thank you. PM me your number please...

Andy - thanks for update.

Yes, just having a "focal point" gazebo will be great - I'm bringing some chairs strapped to the Westie and probably a holdall for odds and ends (snacks, sun cream, wellies etc) and it'd be good to have somewhere central to leave them when we go off for the parade lap (valuables will be kept somewhere else !! :) )

I'm there for both days so don't mind doing a stint manning things (looking at everything going on I'm going to need a few hours sit down !!) - perhaps an informal rota on the day??

Looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully getting a t-shirt (missed Stoneleigh unfortunately)

Colin

I'll arrive on the Friday morning but not sure what time I'll get there. It's my first visit to Silverstone so I'm not sure I can do much to help, but I'm very willing to muck in - just let me know.

As long as it's not bucketing it down I'll be there on Thursday about midday.

As long as I get my tent up at some point I'm free to help the rest of the day.

Is there much happening Friday?

Was planning on heading up Friday lunchtime ish, but could consider Thursday night if Friday is a good day?

Also have spare set of weekend tickets available having bought a pair on the club offer.