Silverstone Classic 2016

Captain Colonial

Saturday has been the busiest day in the past few years, I try to get there by 9.  The queues last year were not as bad as they used to be.

Geoff

A bit more info I've only found out today regarding the parade lap:

> As has been stated already, there'll be a marshalling area for the cars on the parade lap which everyone will have to be at a good 45 minutes to an hour ahead of time to ensure only those eligible are on the lap and in the formation we want (TBC)

> We will be doing a register of people attending and on the parade lap with their names, Silverstone ticket number and car registrations, who will be given a wrist band to prove their eligibility to go on the lap - again, more details on this later

> Because we are running about in two-seat open-top cars, children aged 12 and under will NOT be able to go as passengers in our Westfields on the track in the parade lap - no exceptions, I'm afraid

> There will be a MSA disclaimer (of course) that anyone and everyone going on the parade lap must sign

I will keep updating this as it goes on, but it's all coming together nicely :t-up:

• Like 1

Is there a local hotel that is Westfield friendly that anyone knows off for the Saturday night.

There's a new premier Inn in Bicester on the road from the m40. Also a small hotel in arncott (the tally ho) .. 20-30 minutes drive from Silverstone if anyone is stuck

• Like 1

Thanks TrevTurtle.

I will have a look this evening.

Still not sure I can make the weekend yet though.

On the Woodlands campsite on Grand prix weekends it usually works like this:-

The site is subdivided into lively and family (quiet) areas, also each area has an electric hookup area at extra cost.

When you arrive you are directed to your chosen area, is is marked out into individual pitches in lines.

You are instructed to go to the next available pitch in the next available line, where a marshall will line you up within your pitch.

In the past I have said to the marshall "my mates coming along later can I save the next pitch for him?"

They have always obliged, how they would react to someone saying " can we start a new row and save it for all the Westy owners" i dont know.

But if you fire up the BBQ quick and offer them a burger and a can of beer, I'm sure they would be happy to please you iyswim. ;)

There are bars, food stalls and plenty of good  clean toilets and showers available on GP weekends, as the Classic is only 2 weeks after the GP I imagine they will all still be in place.

Woodlands is situated behind Vale grandstand, between Stowe and Club, about a 10 - 15 minute walk into the circuit depending on where you are on the campsite (it's big)

I hope I've covered everything there. HTH  :t-up:

Woodlands campsite from Club grandstand.

IMGP4077_zpspktpjf4q.jpg

• Like 2

In the photo you can only see a small section of the site, the different areas are divided by lots of big trees and hedges.

Oh yeah, to get to the infield is a long walk, (cos you have to go the long way round) probably half an hour, or a 5 minute drive depending on traffic.

There are a few hotels in Buckingham and it's only about 6 miles on quiet roads into Silverstone. The Hotels are The Viliiers, The White Hart. Buckingham Best Western or Buckingham Travel Lodge.

I live in Buckingham and drive in from this direction all 3 days, there is never much of a queue to get in from this way and then you have your car in the centre as a base. The Villiers has a secure car park and even some under cover parking.

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I jumped the gun but the mag was waiting on the doorstep for me last night and I couldn't hold back so booked myself in - with the code of course :)    3 day pass and camping, happy days.  

I haven't even owned my car a month as yet, I've driven it twice (froze on the first occasion and not so much on the second) am yet to go to the local meet, which is a week on Sunday (I couldn't make Januaries as I was waiting for delivery on the 'meet' day) have no roof and no idea how I will get camping kit + 2 people in the Westy but all good, bring on Spring and Summer

• Like 1

I don't know if I jumped the gun but the mag was waiting on the doorstep for me last night and I couldn't hold back so booked myself in - with the code of course :)    3 day pass and camping, happy days.  

I haven't even owned my car a month as yet, I've driven it twice (froze on the first occasion and not so much on the second) am yet to go to the local meet, which is a week on Sunday (I couldn't make Januaries as I was waiting for delivery on the 'meet' day) have no roof and no idea how I will get camping kit + 2 people in the Westy but all good, bring on Spring and Summer

That's the style!! I booked a trackday before I had even collected my car ha,ha

Looking forward to this :)

• Like 1

I have tickets already but not to worry as would be going anyway hoping to trailer eleven down from Scotland and doing all three days just need to get car finished

What advise for access with trailer etc

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Silverstone Classic News:

Over 100 Clubs Already Registered To Attend:

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news/over-100-car-clubs-already-registered-to-attend

Aerial Displays Announced:

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news/taking-to-the-sky-aerial-displays-announced

Musical Acts Confirmed - The Stranglers, Reef, and AC/DC tribute band Livewire:

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news/saturday-night-music-line-up-confirmed

Touring cars on Sunday:

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news/a-touring-car-frenzy-on-sunday

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the tickets arrive for this? Paid for mine ages ago and no sign.

Maybe I should RTFM, but wondered if anyone knew :)

Does anyone know when the tickets arrive for this? Paid for mine ages ago and no sign.

Maybe I should RTFM, but wondered if anyone knew :)

I think site said around a week before the event.