Silverstone Classic 2016

Captain Colonial

No clubs have their own dedicated campsite area at the event. There is one general campsite but it is well equipped and rated.

Appologies, knew this, me query was not clear! :(

.... Can WSCC have their own part of the 'general' campsite as part of the deal for many of us camping there? :yes:

UPDATE:

I am pleased to tell you that the WSCC will definitely get to do a parade lap at Silverstone on the Saturday. It will either be at lunchtime or at 7 PM when it's still daylight (sunset time is 9 PM) and prior to the Group C race and the rock concert. I'm continuing to work on this and pushing for lunchtime.

You can now book your tickets with confidence!

• Like 1

Go Pros at the ready.

• 4 weeks later...

We're on the official website for the parade lap, so it must be true!  Lambos and Vipers also getting a parade lap:

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news

Nope, discounted early bird tickets are on sale until 31st March - see below.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/116811-silverstone-classic-wscc-members-discount-code/

This was also highlighted in great detail in the Winter issue of Westfield World over two pages (6-7).

Is there a local hotel that is Westfield friendly that anyone knows off for the Saturday night.

There's a Premier Inn close to Silverstone but I expect it'll be either booked up already or expensive (or both  :( )

The A43 is dual carriageway from the M1 at Northampton to the M40 at Bicester so it gives you some alternatives (though how may would be "Westie friendly" I'm not sure) - For the British Grand Prix, the A43 is one way and rammed solid and will no doubt be busy for the Classic weekend - though the marshals are quite good at getting cars into the car parks (I live near Northampton and will be driving in on the Saturday / Sunday - just means an early start :)

Just weighing up the options....

Does anyone know how early would be prudent to arrive, & avoid worst congestion, each day?

I thought you were camping Dave?

Just booked my tickets - I think Scott mentioned something about needing to be on the infield WSCC area by 10.00am each day - it would normally take me 40 mins to get to the circuit but I was thinking of leaving home at 7.30? (this will cost me dearly in bacon butties :rolleyes:

Just booked my tickets - I think Scott mentioned something about needing to be on the infield WSCC area by 10.00am each day - it would normally take me 40 mins to get to the circuit but I was thinking of leaving home at 7.30? (this will cost me dearly in bacon butties :rolleyes:

If you want to be parked on the stand and to take part in the parade lap, you have to be in the infield area by 10:00 for sure.

Already understood that Scott

I thought you were camping Dave?

That's most likely,

But just weighing up options as I have offer of a room with work colleague in Bicester, hence question on how early to travel and avoid traffic congestion?