DVLA - unbelievable!

Kingster

Great new Chris, good to see you finally got there in the end.

Mike

Get out in it. If you've got a plate and confirmation. I remember when I got my plates for mine the first time. Ice on the roads but I still had 10 mins ... Great feeling enjoy it :)

• Like 1

We're all delighted it's finally, finally been resolved. :t-up:

For everyone's info, Julian Turner has posted something up here for future reference regarding IVAs, DVLA and VOSA in the dedicated area.

I've chatted with Julian yesterday and emphasised that the members are very concerned about the entire situation, and will put our collective weight behind his efforts to get the authorities to resolve this ridiculous situation.

If someone with sufficient first-hand knowledge of all the problems we keep experiencing volunteered to give me a bit of help drafting an open letter, I would be delighted to sign it as club chairman and send it to the authorities and to the kit car magazines as well to get them to add their weight.

Chris, well done and I hope you finally have many happy miles and blats ahead, you've earned it. :)

Thanks Scott

Just let me know if there's anything I can do.

Chris

Thanks Scott

Just let me know if there's anything I can do.

Chris

My pleasure Chris :)

I'll take all the help I can get in drafting the letter - it's always so much better if I can list precise instances of red tape stupidity, so if you're so inclined please do so and drop me an email or a PM :t-up:

I cannot believe anyone would tell someone to grind off a brand new VIN.  It would not only invalidate the whole chassis technically and warranty wise, it could potentially weaken the chassis where it was ground down.  Not only stupid and incorrect advice but potentially dangerous advice as well.  That person needs a wake-up call.

Scott

I suspect there is confusion at the DVLA around the BOC issue and how it relates (or does not) to Kits.

It will be a problem of lack of understanding of the rules amongst staff at the coalface.

My pleasure Chris :)

I'll take all the help I can get in drafting the letter - it's always so much better if I can list precise instances of red tape stupidity, so if you're so inclined please do so and drop me an email or a PM :t-up:

I cannot believe anyone would tell someone to grind off a brand new VIN.  It would not only invalidate the whole chassis technically and warranty wise, it could potentially weaken the chassis where it was ground down.  Not only stupid and incorrect advice but potentially dangerous advice as well.  That person needs a wake-up call.

Email sent Mr Chairman :)

• Like 1

Email sent Mr Chairman :)

Received with thanks and reply sent :t-up:

Any other horror stories out there, send 'em in please :)

Finally some Great news Chris, look forward to seeing it out on the road

Cheers. If weather OK ne7ers meet at church mouse tomorrow.

And....

Have you blatted it yet?

You deserve a moral boost after everything you went through...

And as for the rather intransigent person at the DVLA...

And BTW, this is NOT a dig at all office based 'support' staff, its just that a certain type of person can gravitate towards these jobs.

They sometimes have quite depressing lives, perhaps with a more dominant partner or kids who will not take a telling so as soon as they get any sort of power, like the ability to ruin your life, they seem to take it with great gusto.

I'm not saying its an excuse, but it does seems to be the backstory to a lot of these mini-Mussolini's

And then the worst thing can happen they get over ruled because they were being pig headed, that to them is a kick in the teeth, you will never ever get an apology out of them...

And....

Have you blatted it yet?

You deserve a moral boost after everything you went through...

Oh yes! Big smiles all round :d :D

• Like 1