DVLA - unbelievable!

Kingster

"oh it's just a bunch of sad bearded blokes bolting weird looking cars together in sheds,

Steady,I for one don't have a beard! :d

Sounds a pain there Chris.

It also sounds from the article I've been reading that dvla as a whe is screwed! This article was a guy who applied for a replacement licence. They sent him a provisional one, then one with all of the categories missing. When he challenged it saying he'd had his licence for yrs they said prove it. The dvla had no proof he even had a licence as they destroy all paperwork over 10yrs. Poor guy couldn't even take a retest as it system said he had a licence. Apparently it's common that motorbikes and towing is lost to the extent companies are offering fast track passes. !!!

Got to love British burocracy... We used to have an empire apparently!

Keep at them. Don't take any prisoners

Just plain crazy typical government crap :bangshead:  :bangshead:  put the lunatics in charge of the asylum. 

Still look on the bright side if you had been in France there is no way you would be allowed to have it on the road.

This is madness, but there is also the fact that it is in South Wales. I have some fantastic Welsh staff but putting the DVLA there was just trying to give Wales something important politically and all my dealings there have been with stroppy people who don't care at all as they know no matter how bad it is it will never get taken away from Wales.

The Government could have saved Billions by doing away with the Road Fund and sticking it on fuel, but that would involve massive job losses there and that will never be allowed to happen.

In this case I would wait for Westfield to get an answer.

this is all rubbish and they must have it all wrong . vin plate will be need replacing too . westfields records  and receipt paper work..

you need to speak to vosa or whoever they are now.. dvla  have not got a clue

I think the DVLA really are bonking mad. Click on the link below and read the tale that because the EU "is concerned that historic cars don't have MOT's" the DVLA are now having every car classed as historic rechecked to make sure it complies. As a result two Bugatti cars are now on Q plates.

two comments from me, why do we allow the EU to tell us what to do and why has someone not thought this through. Is this just a clumsy attempt to take everything off the road?

I suspect this will blow up in their face when this starts affecting the market and the type of people who own top end cars who will not like seeing their cars plummet in value.

Triggers broom cars are known as lets be honest a car from the 1920's will not be totally original will it, so where and more importantly who will draw that line.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=140&t=1520519&mid=23217&nmt=Bugatti+Owners+Club+%2D+DVLA+%2D+Crackdown+on+old+cars

I feel your pain Chris, absolute madness

I hear that the DVLA have also recently been taking issue with heavily modified cars such as Zcars minis and requiring IVA and Q plate.

In fairness something needed to be done with Bugatti replicas where a whole new car would be built around an original rear axle. There is the story of bugattis in existence sharing the same identity. There are even stories of the Argentian replicas being registered here as historic.

The problem is that the dvla seem to be using a sledgehammer approach

Summer time and DVLA.

Not a great combination.

Chin up Chris. Good fun to look forward to.

• Like 1

I suspect this is the way of any government department these days.

I'm having similar problems with the state Pensions Department (them asking me for information, me sending it to them, them acknowledging the information, even returning my proof documents and then they write again saying they haven't received a reply from me and I have seven days to respond !!

The stupid thing is that NONE of their response documents or even the envelope itself have any date or date stamp - so I keep and photocopy everything now and send it back as "proof".

As for the DVLA, when I had a problem after selling my Discovery to my next door neighbour, the DVLA threatened me with a fine for not notifying them of the sale despite my neighbour receiving their new and updated V5 document - once again, I sent copies back of everything (this time recorded delivery - something I always do now when dealing with the DVLA). In the end I got it sorted but never an apology or an acceptance that they'd screwed up - just a letter saying they weren't going to pursue me to court !! :angry:  

I have a Q reg Westfield and can't think of anything of more "criminal intent" or likely to raise concerns with the Police, Insurance Companies and of course invalidating any warranty / guarantees from Westfield themselves than grinding the VIN chassis number off.

I would let Westfield talk to the DVLA but then follow that up with a formal compliant to the DVLA - keep your cool but unless we keep fighting these idiots back we're the ones that'll end up in the asylum and these idiots will be running the country !!    

is there an ombudsman or official channel you can complain through? I'm fighting pet plan at the moment who are refusing a 2K payout based on incorrect case notes that the vets have admitted was their fault and was advised to go to the insurance industry ombudsman if the latest efford doesn't resolve it.

Write to your MP? Give them something to do over the Summer Recess...

I have a Q reg Westfield and can't think of anything of more "criminal intent" or likely to raise concerns with the Police, Insurance Companies and of course invalidating any warranty / guarantees from Westfield themselves than grinding the VIN chassis number off

I tried to say something like this to the stroppy bint I talked to from dvla, along the lines of "you are asking me to make my car a ringer". Just dismissed it as nonsense.

Awaiting factory contact with the twonks tomorrow.

Awaiting factory contact with the twonks tomorrow.

I've been following this with interest. I hope you get a swift resolution with WF involved.