DVLA - unbelievable!

Kingster

I've been following this with interest. I hope you get a swift resolution with WF involved.

Me too!

In all honesty I just cannot believe what is happening. Utterly astonishing.

Just had a call from the supervisor at DVLA - who said that she'd talked to the powers that be and "on this occasion" they will allow me to use the Westfield supplied VIN.

Common sense has prevailed, though I'm not sure it won't happen again to someone who just does as they ask!

• Like 1

Or she'd been corrected...

I think that will be the case - and she wanted to make it sound like she was doing me a huge favour!

How wonderfully magnanimous of them to do you such an enormous favour.....or is that better described as 'doing their job properly'?  Been following your travails and it's great to see some sensible progress at last. Looks as if your application has been routed through every single obstacle someone could make up....   :(

I can understand having to apply a new VIN if the old one isn't up to standard - had to do that a few years back when I put a car though SVA, the VIN was as old as the chassis and pre-dated the new regs. Also had to do that many moons ago when building a fake snake that didn't have a VIN from the 'factory'. I made one up and I swear, it was pure coincidence but it happened to be the same number sequence as the original Cobras. I used my initials and an X, then some random numbers.....oddly, exactly what Carol Shelby had done it turned out....I was very embarrassed when I found that out.

...but, being told to replace a perfectly valid, current, factory applied VIN? - plonkers.

Well done...deep breath and relax!! :)  Nearly there......

• Like 2

Just had a call from the supervisor at DVLA - who said that she'd talked to the powers that be and "on this occasion" they will allow me to use the Westfield supplied VIN.

What did WF have to say about it?

What did WF have to say about it?

They were pleased it has been resolved, but would still be talking to the DVLA as they have a few other issues to discuss as well as this one.

I'd still write and complain to the Chief Exec, you may have got their in the end (or getting there) but the service you've had has been very poor. 

Sounds like a case of "arrogance before common sense", glad someone has seen the error of their ways and backed down.

Sounds like a case of "arrogance before common sense", glad someone has seen the error of their ways and backed down.

Yes and for the rest of us currently building we've got to hope we don't have to go through this as well.

I hope that any 'error' is highlighted to all persons in the relevant department and not just an individual.

Yes and for the rest of us currently building we've got to hope we don't have to go through this as well.

I hope that any 'error' is highlighted to all persons in the relevant department and not just an individual.

Don't hold your breath - this is the DVLA we are talking about!

Anyway I'm still working on what they have told me - I will only believe it when I have the V5 in my sticky fingers!

Good news is, future 'Q' applicants now have a verified historical case to use as a precedent should this crop up again :)

Don't hold your breath - this is the DVLA we are talking about!

Anyway I'm still working on what they have told me - I will only believe it when I have the V5 in my sticky fingers!

Good news is, future 'Q' applicants now have a verified historical case to use as a precedent should this crop up again :)

Any issues I'll be sure to quote 'Case file - Kingster v's Dvla'

:)

• Like 1

Just got an email through with my Reg number!

Right - off to see if someone will make me some plates!

:d  :d  :d

• Like 7

Just got an email through with my Reg number!

Right - off to see if someone will make me some plates!

:d:d:d

At last!

Excellent news.

:)

Fantastic Chris, and well deserved.