Clan McWesty: STONELEIGH 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Thanks guys, your words appreciation are most welcome and encouraging. We certainly hope to have the same if not more come down next year!

• Like 2

Aye, as I said in the other thread, a truly heroic Westfielding adventure given the dire predictions about the weather. Great to see you down, sorry we didn't get longer to speak. 

I must admit, when I was staring out at the rain at something past six Sunday morning, it was the thought of what you guys had done that spurred me on to get the Westfield out.  :yes:

• Like 2

Just totalled up the milage for my (I'm furthest north of the guys who went) and it works out at approx 1023

• Like 8

Wow!

Just totalled up the milage for my (I'm furthest north of the guys who went) and it works out at approx 1023

Dont work out the cost of fuel then, especially at motor way service station prices   :cry:

Dont work out the cost of fuel then, especially at motor way service station prices   :cry:

The enjoyment of the trip and the company outways the cost of the fuel. Wrong type of car to be worring about fuel consumption and costs lol

Just like to say had a great time and a big thanks to Rab our area organiser for all his hard work and commitment...!

And to the Chinese restaurant who nearly went bankrupt after the 11 of us nearly cleared them out !

And thanks to the WSCC for there welcoming arms and of course a great Barbi.....

William

• Like 2

Even on carbs (your car, not you :p ), you should get a decent return at motorway cruising speeds, but there's no getting away from having to pay service station prices without going cross-country. On TBs, I averaged about 33mpg and it's all part of the road trip or I wouldn't leave the house. Join us next year .. you won't regret it! :t-up:

Just like to say had a great time and a big thanks to Rab our area organiser for all his hard work and commitment...!

And to the Chinese restaurant who nearly went bankrupt after the 11 of us nearly cleared them out !

And thanks to the WSCC for there welcoming arms and of course a great Barbi.....

William

You're very welcome, William! It's everyone enjoying themselves that makes it worthwhile - it was a great trip and a hoot, especially the Chinese! BBQ was an excellent opportunity to relax, chat and put faces to forum names and a big thanks to the troops who stood over a hot flaming BBQ to feed us all!

Another for the weekend.

Being the loan TIGER in the Westie group just like to say big thanks to Rab for his organisation.

As usual, the banter flows when we all get together.

Look forward to our next outing

Jim.

• Like 1

Another for the weekend.

Being the loan TIGER in the Westie group just like to say big thanks to Rab for his organisation.

As usual, the banter flows when we all get together.

Look forward to our next outing

Jim.

Very kind of you to say, Jim. As before, this was a joint effort and wouldn't have been half the fun if it wasn't for everyone pitching in, especially Campbell who plotted the fuel stops.

Hopefully now, Stoneleigh will be an annual item on our calendar!  :t-up: