Clan McWesty: STONELEIGH 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Well done lads, keep the responses coming! I may also have a support van and driver for the trip too! :d

A thousand mile round trip, oooh you guys need to have a look at my new competition. It's pinned at the top of the Start Line.

Although I think everyone's a winner if you get to do a big trip like that.

Good luck

• Like 1

Are we doing both days of the show 3rd & 4th head home on the 5th or? 

Right guys, after our meeting recently, it would appear that there's more interest for a group trip down to Stoneleigh :black-westy::orange-westy::lg-westy::yellow-westy::westy: You don't need me to tell you but this is a great event and undoubtedly the best opportunity to meet other members and see so many westys (and other kitcars) in one place!

I'm posting this now as we'll need to get our finger out if this is going to materialise! Ask ANY questions you have on here and we'll get some group agreements for timings, travel and sleeping arrangements. Also, please feel free to air any concerns that you may have on taking this trip and we can discuss and share on here! :t-up:

Some wish to camp on-site and details can be found on the elsewhere on the forum and from the website, but suffice to say that there'll be a westy only plot that'll keep you all together. I've details of a cheap'n'cheerful hotel close by but you must let me know very soon as rooms are going fast. There's secure parking, of course!

Start posting your interest and I'll update this post:

bombero

clansman

Chris Rae

theprisoner

Hornet600

Doug Dastardly

JimM

Matta

Wills 57
  • Like 1

ATTENTION: Those wanting to stay in a hotel!

Guys, if you intend on staying in the hotel, please let me know as soon as possible as I'll need to book the rooms. To help, let me know if you're happy to share a twin room or definitely want a single (or a double occupancy).

Drop me an email: rabreid423@gmail.com

Tempted to say I'll come down but not interested in taking the kit.

Happy to take my discovery and can use that as support vehicle.

Are most camping or hotel?

Sorry, I'm out :cry: 

I brought up the subject of whether OH would want to come and need a bed only to be told it's her cousin's wedding in Ayr...and we're going.

Maybe next time......

Tempted to say I'll come down but not interested in taking the kit.

Happy to take my discovery and can use that as support vehicle.

Are most camping or hotel?

There's a support van arranged but always good to know there's back-up ;) The camping/hotel ratio is about 50/50 at the mo.

Sorry, I'm out :cry:

I brought up the subject of whether OH would want to come and need a bed only to be told it's her cousin's wedding in Ayr...and we're going.

Maybe next time......

That's a pity, Doug (top post updated). Don't worry, we'll just bombard you with pics all weekend!! :d

Gents

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, however if any of you were planning on helping out either inside the WSCC marquee or in the main halls, then we could offer you free camping next to the WSCC stand, in a permit holders only area - all together with space for parking.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Ian

• 2 months later...

Okay guys, it's time to resurrect this thread as we're only a couple of weeks away from our trip darn sarf!

I need to do a few main things (1) get an idea of total numbers, (2) get confirmation from those wanting to stay at the hotel, (3) decide on meeting places/times and route down, and (4) find out who's taking their tintop and volunteer to act as support vehicle.

This is what I know so far but PLEASE let me know if your circumstance has changed -

HOTEL

bombero

Andy Entwistle

clansman

Chris Rae

JimM

Wills57

Steve Smith

CAMPING

theprisoner

Angus

Matta

Hornet600

kev91

@kev91, our other support vehicle might now not be available and I was wondering if your offer of you and your Disco might be still an option?

The northern boys are heading down to East Lothian on the Friday and staying over here for an early start on Saturday. Who has any suggestion for a route down? It might mean a meeting place for East and West further south but let's get some suggestions posted up!

Finally, do we have any other takers for this epic trip?!  :westy::lg-westy::yellow-westy::westy::db-westy::orange-westy::yellow-westy:

• Like 1

The expected route down would be the M74/M6/A42 but an alternative had been suggested of the A68/A1M/M1

Thoughts...

Rab have you looked at the Scottish Kit car club FB page? Robert Craig and a few others( I think) are leaving from Glasgow down the M74. I've added you to the page anyway. Could be a good convoy going that way. Either or for me