Clan McWesty: STONELEIGH 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Either route suits me. the A68 is good fun in a Westie as long as we had an early start before the traffic gets going but West coast may suit folks better.

Matt

Either route suits me. the A68 is good fun in a Westie as long as we had an early start before the traffic gets going but West coast may suit folks better.

Matt

Aye, it would appear that the west coast route is the preferred option. As time is marching on, let's settle for the M74 route. We now just have to agree on a meeting place(s) to join up and timings. I think it's best to figure in a little waiting time at these initial stops to allow for last minute footering and packing!

i might check out what the SKCC have planned and if it'd fit in with our itinerary. Have you heard from Kev? I've emailed him (as I don't have his mobile) to see if (1)he's still going down and (2)if he's willing to act as a support vehicle. I'm seeing Alastair tomorrow and will see what his plans are.

Aye, it would appear that the west coast route is the preferred option. As time is marching on, let's settle for the M74 route. We now just have to agree on a meeting place(s) to join up and timings. I think it's best to figure in a little waiting time at these initial stops to allow for last minute footering and packing!

i might check out what the SKCC have planned and if it'd fit in with our itinerary. Have you heard from Kev? I've emailed him (as I don't have his mobile) to see if (1)he's still going down and (2)if he's willing to act as a support vehicle. I'm seeing Alastair tomorrow and will see what his plans are.

M74 is fine by me. Haven't heard from Kev recently and don't have his mobile number either.

Sorry, had forgotten about this. I have replied to you rab ;)

• Like 1

Okay, I'd like to suggest Abington services so as to make it fair on those from both the ready and West of the country. However, does anyone have a suggestion for a good time for this?

It's about 4.5 hrs from Abington according to google maps so with our range it will be a few stops on the way, is Matt's departure time from Abington or ?

Campbell and Willie are staying in a hotel through here on the Friday night. By the time we've all breakfast and reloaded the cars, we'd be leaving here at 8:30 at best...that means Abington for 9:30ish. We could maybe push for slightly earlier, so we could say between 8.30 - 9.30

I'll try and get a hold of Alastair, John, Kev and Jim to see what they want to do.

Campbell and Willie are staying in a hotel through here on the Friday night. By the time we've all breakfast and reloaded the cars, we'd be leaving here at 8:30 at best...that means Abington for 9:30ish. We could maybe push for slightly earlier, so we could say between 8.30 - 9.30

I'll try and get a hold of Alastair, John and Kev and see what they want to do.

Sent an email to the guys and hope for a reply soon!

@Campbell, just a thought .. .. if breakfast doesn't start until say 7.30, what about asking the hotel to make you guys a 'packed breakfast' that you can just take in the morning? You'd have to eat on the hoof or when we stop at Abington..?   

I'm flexible so will just go with what suits the most.

Have we to be there for a time?

Can easy grab something at Abington Rab will save a bit of time in the morning anyway.

Packed breakfast is good with me unless we can get early breakfast !

William

I'm flexible so will just go with what suits the most.

Have we to be there for a time?

In the past we've just travelled down on the Saturday (in tintops) and gone straight to the hotel and out for a meal and a pint. Then an early off to the show on the Sunday. If we've enough spare seats and enough kits, we could always give lifts to the tintoppers over to the showground on the Saturday evening and meet up with the campers.The hotel is about 30 minutes from the showground.    

Can easy grab something at Abington Rab will save a bit of time in the morning anyway.

Packed breakfast is good with me unless we can get early breakfast !

William

That'd be great guys! I could produce a strong coffee at mine before we head off, lol!