Abingdon Track Day 18th July 2014

Dommo

Another question for you all: when inviting an overtaking manoeuvre do you indicate right (I.e. The direction you are going to move for the other person) or left? There was a lot of left indicating yesterday!

Generally sat on the right hand side of the circuit on straights, so indicated right to say 'I'm staying here out of your way' but mainly waved by.

Another question for you all: when inviting an overtaking manoeuvre do you indicate right (I.e. The direction you are going to move for the other person) or left? There was a lot of left indicating yesterday!

Would always indicate the way I was going to move but sometimes use a hand signal pointing in the direction the overtaker is going to take or stick a hand in the air if I'm pitting.

If I were in a closed car I would indicate right, but in an open car, use a hand gesture. No! A friendly wave, ONLY!

Always indicate right, which is what they say in the safety briefing anyway.

I tended to use the vast majority of that runway on that corner. Opening it out on the apex left less opportunity for the bumps and change of surface to unsettle the car. It also got me pointing straight at the braking zone for the next chicane, essentially removing the left hand bit of it and it becoming a minor right hand kink. Whether that's right or not I don't know, but it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :p

Would always indicate the way I was going to move but sometimes use a hand signal pointing in the direction the overtaker is going to take or stick a hand in the air if I'm pitting.

your hand signals are not normally like that LOL ;)

how was your oil pressure Gary?

As far as I know it was fine Dave.

I did notice a bit of fuel stutter when the tank was getting around half full. This was happening on the first long sweeping right after the pit bend. So I think the fuel loss was happening on the left hander where you exit for pits and by the time it had worked up to the engine I was on the right hander. Chatting with Dom he was also suffering the same symptoms!

What is this moving over for others about?  ;)  :d

We dont all have quite as much at our disposal under our right foot as you do :(

I did notice a bit of fuel stutter when the tank was getting around half full. This was happening on the first long sweeping right after the pit bend. So I think the fuel loss was happening on the left hander where you exit for pits and by the time it had worked up to the engine I was on the right hander. Chatting with Dom he was also suffering the same symptoms!

Yeah - I started getting that at 3/4 and then again after the sharp left. Its a pain!

I get the same problem once I get down to half. Does anyone else find their fuel gauge moves +/- 1/8th of a tank when chucking it about too?!

+/- 1/4 sometimes. I even get it on the road if I'm at about half as the fuel slooshes around. Glad we all had this problem, its the only problem I had on the track both days. Except this time my trim started to come off as the glue has melted but thats another story.

I get the same problem once I get down to half. Does anyone else find their fuel gauge moves +/- 1/8th of a tank when chucking it about too?!

I get more variation than that up to 1/4 of a tank over a lap and need to keep it above half a tank to avoid surge.

I got mine up to 3/4 variation if this is a competition? But I am cheating - the sampling rate on the fuel reading on my dash is a bit too high!

Also agree, swirl pot required...

Some people... Award is on its way Dommo!