Member Map - Add yourself!

dhutch

Done, looks good

+1 very easy and very useful Cheers Adrian

if you could do it to the first part of the post code eg sk8 that would be good enough and still; maintain privacy

You can, yes. Or just the name of the town.

you can choose what location to put on the map and be as specific as you like. I havent yet coded it to link to existing location info.

No, we didn't (haven't yet) implement linking one with the other, as if nothing else not doing so gives a positive opt-in situation. Not that the data available is any different, just better displaced.

Daniel

Well now, isn't that interesting?  The Member Map tab (rightly) only shows up for Members, and when you click on a dot, the member's User Name and avatar shows up linked to their profile...and their profile now has a mini version of the map!

Nice work Adrian :t-up:

• Like 1

(Speculation on)

Are we beginning to see membership strengths in term of location (midlands and the north)?  So many of the Blatchaters seem to come from 'leafy Surrey'

(Speculation off)

Very nice feature. I've tried using batch geo for my area (http://batchgeo.com/) before but this will do nicely.

Hmm, hadn't noticed the profile map, very nice but, are some using there full post codes when they put their locations in?

A couple that I've looked at are very accurately showing the members location?

Well, it was rather pointless of me not to put my full postcode in, as my address has been in the front of the magazine and on membership forms for the last two years! :d

Just glad it's not real-time tracking, the map would look like blue ladybirds crawling everywhere.

Notice that the photo is quite old though, I haven't had a lawn in the back yard for 10 years +!

It wasn't just yours Scott.  :d 

Mine homes in on a neighbours house but its close enough I did try to get the cross hairs bit to move nearer but technology beat me. Post code has never been absolutely accurate for me as the sat navs confirm. What will the map look like with over 1000 blue dots. Looking good though the spread of members. Like the profile map as it gives a good indication of where to find another member and as long as it remains relatively vague or secure ish no one will moan or is that famous last words.

Bob :d :d

Yeah Scott, Only member groups can view and participate in this function. trial members and other non-member groups deliberately cannot.

• Like 4