SDV Starter Kit ordered...

Prawnabie

Sounds like fun!

I used Marks wiring guide for the flat dash option and am glad I did. I have nothing against the use of the Mazda clocks though, when done nicely like Mike has, they look good too. I did not go this way as my donor clocks looked past their best on the circuit boards.

I may well have a flat dash coming available in a couple of months, all you would need is a set of instruments......

Thanks, Gary, I don't think it looks too bad but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.  There are benefits to keeping the original clocks for instance, all the warning lights can be reused and are IVA friendly and the wiring is vastly simplified - two plugs and and earth or two and that's it.  

There are some drawbacks to using the original clocks that would steer me towards using a flat dash next time.  The speedo cable I've mentioned earlier (but I note Mark's helpful comment on the Mk2 dash), the need to cut a huge slice out of the scuttle is not ideal and precludes retrofit to flat dash should you change your mind.  You will need to fit a 320mm steering wheel which is 20mm larger than I would like but any smaller and the clocks and indicator tell-tales are obscured.  Finally, I've yet to get the fuel gauge to do anything meaningful despite several attempts.

Finally, I've yet to get the fuel gauge to do anything meaningful despite several attempts.

I came across this a couple of months back as it was getting good reviews on locostbuilders

https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/vehicle-electronics/fuel-gauge-electronics/fuel-gauge-wizard-mk2.html

There was some suggestion that the gauge would read in a non linear way, but it does allow the max and mins to be set correctly.

I came across this a couple of months back as it was getting good reviews on locostbuilders

https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/vehicle-electronics/fuel-gauge-electronics/fuel-gauge-wizard-mk2.html

There was some suggestion that the gauge would read in a non linear way, but it does allow the max and mins to be set correctly.

Thanks Mark, that's a new one on me, but has potential (no pun intended!).