SDV Starter Kit ordered...

Prawnabie

Hi Everyone!

Further to my introduction, I went to the factory today with swmbo to see Simon and after he told me about the £1000 off the first 10 kit sold in January, I put down a deposit on a Mazda SDV Kit!!!

If anyone is considering a kit I would fully recommend they go and see Simon. He didn't try and sell the car at all, he showed us both round and let the products sell themselves. He was fully prepared to answer all my questions too.

I have gone for...

Postbox red bodywork

Detachable arches

External panelling

Powder coated Chassis/suspension.

Serious considering the turbo sport seats as I sat in the red S2000 car they have and they are soooo much better than the standard seats in the car in the showroom.

All in all a great day and in 6 weeks I will be back there collecting my kit - wish me luck!

Shaun

• Like 1

Time to get the garage sorted out then!

Good luck with the new build.

www.justanotherwestfieldbuilddiary.weebly.com

Well done Shaun you won't regret it :) now's the time to start readying the workshop and refurbing the donor parts ahead of the kits arrival :t-up:

Hi guys thanks for the replies...

I have the use of 2 garages at the moment, I will use one to store the bodywork in as there is no power, the other has the half stripped Mazda in, that will be the main workshop as it has power and is on my parents property. 

You are right though Mark I need to get a crack on with the donor as Simon quoted me 4-6 weeks for delivery (not sure how reliable this is) so I need to free up some space!

Thanks again

Shaun

yay another mazda sdv :d

Was this one on order but had been cancelled? ;)

Welcome along to MXSDV club.

Red is also the best colour, but then I am not bias is any way.

Not Sure TIG brother, I sent off for a brochure and in there was a leaflet for £1000 off the first 10 kits sold in Jan.

Clearly a man of taste…welcome to the SDV club.  Is there a build thread planned?  The Guru (Smokey Mow) and Deputy Guru (Kuga) plus various Deputy Vice Gurus all standing by ready to assist!

Was this one on order but had been cancelled? ;) /quote]

This is one of Simon's favorite sales line.

www.mx5-Westfield.co.uk - another build thread to add to the reference data base for you.

This is one of Simon's favorite sales line.

was it yours which was originally meant to be a build car for Kit Car Magazine ? ??? Mine was destined to go to the local college. :d

Westfield's hospitality is first class :t-up: it's the only place I go and get given real china and a proper cup and saucer with my brew :d everywhere else I get a dodgy mug that was given too them as a freebie :oops:

Ahh I get you now!

I am assuming that is your car? Its the very car that inspired me to choose that colour!

Ahh I get you now!

I am assuming that is your car? Its the very car that inspired me to choose that colour!

Nearly as good as crimson

or pink, eh, Gary? :d  :d  :d  :d

Great to see another kit ordered! Well done and have fun with the build.  :yes: 

Nearly as good as crimson

or pink, eh, Gary? :d  :d  :d  :d

Stop fighting it Mike :d