next Scottish run

ziplob

Hi guys. Back from Spain on the 26th so can't make 18th. Would love to come along on sept run and meet u guys. Car not running perfect due to a long story but good enough to have a run out. Hope it is on?

I'm keen for the 18th.

Is Oban definitely the destination? I drove there in the Westy recently and it's a great road but often very busy.

I'm going to be controversial and suggest a run up through Glenshee to Braemar then over the Lecht road then home as an alternative (as seen on the F type piece on Top Gear)

I have nothing against your suggestion except we planed the 18th months ago (in fact before the season started at a meeting in Stirling)  and I was quite looking forward to it. That is why Matt, Steve and presumably Zilob created another thread. The Braemar run would be fun on the 1st September or whatever. My experience is if the agenda keeps changing then we end up doing nothing esp if the original bunch suggesting the original run pull out. I love that road up over the Lecht.

• Like 1

My tuppence worth would be Perth, Braemar, Ballater, Edzell( over the Cairn o Mount road) you guys head south and I will head North , Preferred date for me is the 1st , Not back from work till the 22nd Aug .  

Ok, I'd be keen for the run on the 1st then.

Sorry for derailing the conversation.

There is another thread for the Oban run on the 18th Mike :yes:  

Hi all ,sorry for lack of input ,

Really busy at work ,working 10-12hrs per day at the moment and trying to organize getting my garage built at same time.

Don't want to cause any hassle for anyone but in you don't work you don't play !

Sorry I can\'t make 18th but I can almost certainly make a run on 1st Sept. wherever it may be.

Your big boys now ,so just do it ?

Cheers Dave.

• Like 1

Well said, Dave and no need to give any reasons!

Admittedly, the original programme has gone slightly awry but this can and has happened, especially as things go quiet during the month of July (by members' majority request) and we try to pick things back up again from August. It certainly doesn't preclude members from organising runs themselves and posting on here or our FB page if it doesn't clash with a pre-arranged run.

Unfortunately, Dave and I have struggled to get together and get something substantial for the Club mag, but we'll keep trying as other committments settle down. Please remember that extra cirricular work is all done on a voluntary basis!

As this thread has been derailed a tad, new thread(s) have/will be started for spcific runs (I believe at least one new thread has been started).

Enjoy :westy:

I'm keen for the 18th.

Is Oban definitely the destination? I drove there in the Westy recently and it's a great road but often very busy.

I'm going to be controversial and suggest a run up through Glenshee to Braemar then over the Lecht road then home as an alternative (as seen on the F type piece on Top Gear)

This run is another epic in Scotland how about a vote for this on 1st Sept.

I need to know your plans as Linlithgow Classics have a show the same day?

This run is another epic in Scotland how about a vote for this on 1st Sept.

I need to know your plans as Linlithgow Classics have a show the same day?

Sounds like a good run to me

I'm up for this it will be my first in the Westy ,   I'll be coming down from Aberdeen so will meet in Perth if that is  ok with you guys?  Are you heading to Tomintoul then over to the A9 and head south? If so then I will split there and head over to Dufftown then home 

So far 4:

* Red J15 - West Lothian - theprisioner

* Orange SEIW - West Lothian - Dean

* Navy Blue Zetec - Aberdeen - Clansman

* SEW Puma powered ? - West Lothian - Hornet 600 (it is not yellow is it?)

Any more come on girls!

zip lob going , we shall meet 10 o'clock at the harvester in halbeath road dunfermline, then head up to The Mcdonalds car park in Perth for eleven. lets get the names up and make this a good one .