Westfield Active Day Special Offers

Simon Westwood - Westfield Sportscars Ltd

Fantastic fun, but sadly my autotesting skills of 30 years ago seem to have deserted me and my efforts can be summed up as 'Ambitiuous but Rubbish'. Lots of tyre squeeling and spinning in every direction but where I intended showed I still have enthusiasm, but this has obviously replaced any skill I (thought) I once had :(. I did improve as the day went on, but still need many hours of practice before ever coming close to the almost inch perfect placement of the car by Simon the instructor on hand. Took my daughter Josie along and she managed some pretty neat tyre smokin doghnuts before the cold got the better of her and she retreated to the warmth of my car. Recommended if you get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon everybody,

Another cracking Active Day deal only available for WSCC members.

Full day WSCC members £175.00

Half day WSCC members £85.00

Date is Sunday the 7th of April and please contact Russ or Gav take book your place now....

Kind regards

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Forecast is for sunshine tomorrow :cool: looking forward to this :yes:

Me too  :d

See you boys there...  :t-up:

Well that was interesting. Have to say my drifting and donut skills are reasonable on occasion but only where I want to do them and not on a predefined course or round a specific cone  :oops:

The other boys however seemed to get it and the Essex contingent flew into the top five on the timed laps if I'm not mistaken  :t-up: with Kev taking 3rd.

A mixture of snow, sun, warm and cold and good amount of driving time too made for an interesting day.

My donut skills were similar Andy, a great day. Nice to meet you all and thanks to everyone involved :)

Was a really good days hooning around in the Westfields. I hardly mentioned the third place the whole way home Andy ;)

Really looking forward to doing it in my car at north Weald now :)

Was a really good days hooning around in the Westfields. I hardly mentioned the third place the whole way home Andy ;)

Really looking forward to doing it in my car at north Weald now :)

Did you say you came third Kevin? We'd have never known :d

Check out the size of that trophy :laugh::oops:

DSC_0129.jpg

That's right Mark, although I prefer 1st of the WSCC boys :)

You probably wouldn't have known as I'm not that competitive and so wouldn't. Have mentioned it ;)

Nice photo by the way. Look how proud I look of that tiny little trophy. Very sad

Of course the trophy's small. Can't have anything big and heavy in your car.

Apart from the driver

Yes well done Kevin, best of the Essex Boys :yes: sadly my previous experience counted for nothing when it mattered most relegating me to first of the losers :oops: my gamble on the cars didn't pay off in the end and even Russ' lucky silencer was no help in my quest for victory :down:

After what i felt was a tidy first run, and with the crowds behind me I pushed for style points in the second, but this clearly failed to impress the judges. Maybe they simply couldn't see me through the smoke? Maybe they were looking the other way? Or it could it be that they were less than impressed by the cone killing massacre that ensued? We'll probably never know :oops::laugh:

Here's a few picture's from Saturdays antics. Thanks to our hosts, WSC and all the fellow competitors for a great day :cool:

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

Proper tyre shredding fun :d

DSC_0132.jpg

Cheers Mark, and nice pictures. I shot mostly video and most of it early on so not so much car control going on!!

I think the yellow car was the way to go. Dave and I used that one too so at least 3 of the top

5 were in that car. Was more of a handful but quick when you got it right.