Brands Hatch

pete g

well i went a watched and the sun was lovely.well done some nice points for people :t-up:

A good day as a spectator, i've just got home so i shall upload some photos for you all to enjoy later :)

Pictures to follow in the morning :) but till then here's one of John exploring the track limits at Druids :d

30-2_zps59e2135a.jpg

• Like 2

:laugh: you even look scared there wuv and we cant even see your face

What you cant see is the gravel and tyre barrier :suspect:

:laugh: at least you missed em wuv

What you cant see is the gravel and tyre barrier :suspect:

You're lucky they extended the run off area up there last winter otherwise you'd have been well into the kitty litter at that point :oops:

Just a few of my Westfield pictures, the rest can all be viewed here :t-up:

27-3_zps2cfea644.jpg

29-2_zps353d34fd.jpg

30-3_zpsfdc62f53.jpg

33-2_zpsd1f5af6f.jpg

35-2_zps25e61e10.jpg

40-1_zpsa4d758e3.jpg

54-1_zps29b5003b.jpg

541-4_zps746ff7e1.jpg

• Like 1

A few of the other cars :cool: The Lancia 037 looked and sounded gorgeous, just a shame he wasn't pushing it a bit harder to get the full soundtrack :love:

19-5_zps966bf8c8.jpg

20-1_zps6376c0ae.jpg

52-1_zpsdd56c8fb.jpg

59-1_zpsb337c6b6.jpg

Finally a couple of pictures of Steve in the afternoon SEMSEC race, having a good battle

CSC_0460_zpsd24edf07.jpg

DSC_0424_zpse38789a8.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Mark.

I'm not remotely surprised at John's little adventure -- it almost happened to most of us. Despite the sunshine, the practice run was in really slippery conditions. On a very fast and demanding circuit, that can lead to some "mind-focussing" moments :suspect:

There was a lot of shade from the trees at druids which kepts the track quite damp up there for most of the morning, it was also a tad cold in the shade :xmas: I also don't think it would have helpped matters much either when the 205 had his blow up mid corner and dumped bit's of piston, rod and crankcase across the tarmac :oops:

There seemed to be quite a few stoppages from offs (more than usual) so obviously conditions were catching a few out. Still good to see though that the organisers managed to find time to squeeze in a third run for most of you :t-up:

Has anyone checked the times that tigger has got published on the ss results? I think something may be amiss as i can't believe that David's fastest time this year was a 109.33 when last year in the same car he set the target time for class E 19seconds faster with 90.33? ???

I think Tiggers read the results of the competitor on the line above Davids! Oops!