Brands Hatch

pete g

looks like i wont make it .engine problems.low oil pressure suspect bottom end maybe.

going to strip it but i dont think i will be out .maybe just come and watch to late i think to cancel.

Not good. It might be worth calling just in case there is a reserve list.

sent email but think they were struggling for entrys

just removed sump and bits if bearings in oil and big ends look slack .just havinf dinner and then off with the caps.

Must be something going on with these lumps at Loton. Graham has had his apart too since then.

Hope you get it sorted.

sorry to hear that pete , hope its easily sorted

ok number three bigend *******ged and conrod blacken up check another one it was fine and a mains next to it and that was fine too. crank looks unmarked ,need to get engine out tomorrow for better look. but .dont have the funds now to repair so im out.

i noticed the oil pressure was lower than normall today so upped it and went for another drive flat out all seemed ok but pressure was lower than i liked. 3bar at 3000rpm i slowed up and something sounded rough. trailered it home /started it and it sounded fine but oil pressure on tickover was only .8bar to 1 bar.

engine out and on engine stand. number 3 bigend gone .conrod blued and crank also now looks damaged :down: ho well what else can go wrong this week.going to cancel if i can .and no more events for me :cry:

Sorry to hear this Pete, the car has been going well. Hopefully in a few weeks you will have a new job and the engine rebuilt.......

yes hopefully . if i cant cancel the v8 might be coming out for the weekend :d :d one last fun run before i sell that too

yes hopefully . if i cant cancel the v8 might be coming out for the weekend :d :d one last fun run before i sell that too

I wondered if you might :) it be would a shame otherwise to waste the entry if you can't get a refund.

Nasty, how bad's the crank, hard to see for sure in the photo.