Scottish Area Events Information For 2012

Wee Dov

Kevin,

Not sure about PH. Never done one before. I follow them on the forum, but the West Coast run appeals to me. You have to register and then email the organiser for the route plan. It looks a cracking route and some lovely cars going as well.

I note Grieg has registered to do it as well in his 512.

Just came back from the garage with the Westy after getting the geometry done and got caught in an almighty hail shower a few miles from my house. The pain of getting hit with hail stones while chapping to get home before getting drenched is not pleasurable. Didnt even have a hat with me. My head is stinging.

Fraser

Fraser, I'm a bit doubtful for the PH run....Ferrari is away getting an air leak on the intake side fixed and the one problem with old ferraris is it sometimes takes a looooong time to locate the parts. Might just skip it - the Westie is now road registered while I sort the cooling issues, so might use the time to get that fixed if successful I may use my "pass" to go on the Dunoon run instead....

Greig,

Not so good with the Ferrari. However hopefully you will get out on the Dunoon run. As long as my gearbox holds out I will be there.

The PH run looks a good trip. Looking forward to that one.

Just a reminder guys of the run to Dunoon on the 6th of May, we will be meeting at Loch Lomond Outlets and NOT Lomondshores as they have a car event on there that day. The Loch Lomond Outlets is the former Argyll Motor Works and maybee more fitting in any case.

Sunday May 6th 2012

10:00 Meet at Lomond Outlets in Alexandria (former site of Argyll Cars), for map and how to get there http://www.motoringheritage.co.uk/ . There is a large car park, park to the front of the building at far end.

Craig

I Have altered the Events dates post ,to show the change of meeting place!

Davie.

Had a great run out today with the PH boys and was good to see frag and telomerase. Weather was fantastic all day, went from dumbarton, up the dukes pass, along to green wellie and then upto oban for lunch, the I came down Inverary and the rest and be thanks on the way home.

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

And on of me at the top of the rest.

IMG_0152.jpg

Anybody else get out for a blat in the good weather?

Kev

• Like 1

Super pictures Kevin.

I was going to post mines, but they are essentially the same as yours of the 3 cars at Connel. It was a truly awesome day and the weather was in our favour. I have a sun tan on my face. The best bit of the journey for me was coming towards Crianlarach on the homeward stretch with stunning blue sky, snow topped hills, and not a car round sauntering away within the speed limit just taking in the scenery. It was like being in Canada, Austria or Switzerland.

However the cars reliability did come into question yet again and had to drive from Crianlarach to Tarbet in 4th and 5th gear as my clutch cable snapped. Got the car recovered from Tarbet home, so at least its an easy cheap fix. Famous last words. Should never have just went with the old one and got the new one I was supposed to fit a while ago done properly.

However not too disheartened as it was awesome. Did get some bad brake fade going over the Dukes Pass, but I was really enjoying myself, athough I dont think it was as bad as the Subaru in front of me.

Hopefully get the cable sorted out for next week for more West Coast blatting

Fraser

Yes, top blatting day. Scotland is the most beautiful place in the world on days like this. My navigator, who has never been in a westie wants one now. I believe kev was on the run, I kept seeing a small blue dot on the horizon.

May the ants of a thousand camels infest every and any Audi Q7.

Won't make Dunoon, off camping with the kids as payback for today.

Edited by Telomerase

whats the plans for this sunday , first meeting at harthill services at 9 whos going .

Sounds like I missed a good run this weekend. Was out yesterday for a short run and looking forward to next weekend.

I'm definitely going (as is my daughter) but don't think I'll go via Harthill. Will probably go up to Stirling and along the back of the Campsies, It's a much nicer run and is more direct for me than Harthill services.

Will see you at the old Argyll factory!

Matt

Folks going on the 6th May Dunoon run so far are:

Jumpy

Ziplob

Wee Dov

Frag68

Kev91

Matta

GreigM (tbc)

I will be there if I an get the clutch cable fitted.

Ordered a new one today so hopefully it is the correct on and fits OK.

Fraser

Need to firm up numbers for lunch ... so far we have the following:

Jumpy

Ziplob +1

Wee Dov +1

Frag68

Kev91

Matta

GreigM (tbc)

Anymore ?

Weather is looking not bad all week into the weekend... a high sitting over Scotland.. fingers crossed..

Just a reminder we will be meeting at Loch Lomond Outlets and NOT Lomondshores as they have a car event on there that day. The Loch Lomond Outlets is the former Argyll Motor Works and maybee more fitting in any case. (follow signs of Vale of Leven Hospital as its near).

Sunday May 6th 2012

10:00 Meet at Lomond Outlets in Alexandria (former site of Argyll Cars), for map and how to get there http://www.motoringheritage.co.uk/ . There is a large car park, park to the front of the building at far end.

Craig

where will we meet first and what time stirling services???????

09:00 Stirling Services?