Scottish Area Events Information For 2012

Wee Dov

We have a run to Myreton Museum and the Jim Clark room in the diary for Sunday 12th August. Who's planning on going?

Matt

We have a run to Myreton Museum and the Jim Clark room in the diary for Sunday 12th August. Who's planning on going?

Matt

Don't fall off your seat old man, but I might come along to this one! :t-up:

• Like 1

Don't fall off your seat old man, but I might come along to this one! :t-up:

Hooray! It'll be good to see you Rab. Anyway, we'll need your local knowledge to guide us round East Lothian ;-)

Cheers, Matt

• Like 1

The Myerton Motor Museum opens at 10.30 and the Jim Clark Room in Duns opens at 2.30. So I suggest we convene at Myerton circa 10.45. This will allow plenty of time to have a look around the museum (its quite small) and then head off for a blat and a bite to eat before getting to Duns in the afternoon.

Neville

• Like 1

Do we want to make our own way to Myerton Motor Museum and meet at 10,30 or will we meet up at The Lizzie Bryce Roondaboot :t-up: /garage at say 9.30 AM for coffee and a blether then go doon in convoy . The Jim Clark room opens at 2pm on a Sunday so we could grab lunch on route and be there for opening time, I am going to e-mail the curator and give him a heads up on us lot arriving just before 2pm . 10/4 good buddy ? Good to see your back in the fray Rab!

Cheers Dov

Thanks Dave, really appreciated mate!

A run between Myreton and Duns takes no time at all really. A suggestion would be to loop over to North Berwick for lunch after a morning at the museum.

If you guys are going to meet prior to your run down here, try and stick to the old coast road as much as possible for a more enjoyable route (keeps you off the A1). Plan your route through Musselburgh, Port Seton, Longniddry, Aberlady and turn off before Gullane for Myreton ;-)

09:30 meet at Lizzie Bryce suits me fine, as does North Berwick for lunch! Anyone have a suggestion of a good grub stop with a carpark?

Matt

If you guys are looking to kill some time on the 12th, the Italian car and bike day is on at Hopetoun house - only £4.50 to get in and there should be some rare metal....I'll be there with the old Fiat.....

Getting parked all together in NB will be a nightmare, so an alternative could be to stop at the Old Clubhouse in Gullane. If we decide on an early lunch, say 12:00, then there's plenty parking directly out front.

• Like 1

Suggestions so far:

09:30 - Meet at Lizzy Bryce petrol station (not everyone obviously)

10:45 - Myreton Motor Museum

12:00 - Old Clubhouse at Gullane for lunch (10 mins from Myreton)

14:00 - Jim Clark Room in Duns (via a route of local 'expert' Rab's choice)

Anything else?

Attendees:

Bombero

Matta

Wee Dov

Borders Nev

Ziplob (tbc)

Deano (tbc)

I will be there, what is the weather likely to do?

Get wet ? :cry:

i will be there if its nice might leave ma slicks on ??????

Are you not going if it's wet ? Next thing is bike engine car wi a roof !!!!!!! :cool:

Suggestions so far:

09:30 - Meet at Lizzy Bryce petrol station (not everyone obviously)

10:45 - Myreton Motor Museum

12:00 - Old Clubhouse at Gullane for lunch (10 mins from Myreton)

14:00 - Jim Clark Room in Duns (via a route of local 'expert' Rab's choice)

Anything else?

Attendees:

Bombero

Matta

Wee Dov

Borders Nev

Ziplob (tbc)

Deano (tbc)

Prisoner

Of course it'll be sunny - bring the factor 30... :d