A Newbies View Of The Wscc!

Lordbenny

Only thing I would like to see is a dedicated section for those of us with upgradeitus, so we can post pics and descriptions of what we are doing.

I've noticed the "Blog" section is there in everyone's profile but not yet active - no idea if personal blogs will be available and if so, when - perhaps it was turned off until everyone was happy and the new boardroom was stable?

Anyone know? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

I think most VX220 owners are 25-35 as opposed to Westfield owners being 35-55

RUDE!!!!!

As Mr D said, Payup or Shut up

Dont you guys recognise a troll when you see one

You really think i am a troll, im sorry you feel that way! I own a lovely westy and will be joining many of you at meets throughout the summer, In fact I cant wait. I have taken on board all of your opinions and like the fact that you are so passionate about your club. I agree that you are are right about the non-factory involvement....makes sense not to get the factory involved! Maybe the reason for the forum being so quiet is that many members just arent 'forum people' and that it's just quiet this time of year. To me a forum usually is the first point of contact to a car club, from there is meets, friends, track days etc etc. I'll stick with you guys if its ok with you....I might even join! ;)

A lot of older members don't have a computer and are just meetings & magazine members. It's good younger members are joining and buying Westfields and hopefully for Lord Benny, more useful forum activity. Yes the WSSC forum is a little more sober than yer Max Power/Boy racers forums but look at the advertising, pointless graphics dancing before your eyes, gives me a headache.

I am a member of a lot of car forums (just look at my blog for the car history!), anyway I agree that this forum is not the most dynamic, BUT I am sure that if you want some help and advice it will be given.

I became a paid up member as soon as I knew I was getting my Westfield, as the fee is not a lot of money for any advice given, as well as the magazine and supporting the meets etc

In summary, I feel the forum could be a bit more dynamic, but then again do we really want posts along the lines of 'Burnt off a Ferari today' (intentionally spelt wrong!)?

Lee

I don't think Lordbenny is a troll, however this sums up the differances that people see. People see a club and think what is in it for me? Others want to be part of something and contribute and it all depends on your wants and needs as to what you can get out. It wasn't that long ago that a few photcopied black and white pages was a good magazine, now it is a professional production and expected by most and this costs. The club has grown in many ways but basically it is still a gang of like minded people willing to help each other by action or support.

Some new members do not find that out until they need help but there are many examples of people who have given time freely to others. Value is always relative, is it expensive, not really. Is it worth what we pay I suggest it is, will we make everyone happy no.

But to LB join up contribute and see what happens you may be surprised.

You don't have to join, just like you don't have to ****** it off. You get shed loads of free advice and a bit of banter. I'm in the Steve D group here which is read, learn, contribute, have an opinion oh and pay up. No pressure to cough up but then at least you can say you are a member with a valid series of comments. Some agreed with mostly not. I suspect the membership are always open to positive and some not so positive comments but no one likes to hear bad news especially from a non paying member. As an ex trade unionist if you ain't paid up you don't get a vote. But democracy favours the brave.

Bob :love:

I haven't yet paid my membership purely because I dont think the site warrants the money that is being charged. I have contacted the guys at my local Westfield owners club and thay have been, helpful, informative & most importantly) fun!

You don't pay to use this site , you pay to use the WSCC , it's an option , we members PAY because we think its fair to support a club and those certain members who give there free time to organise various facilities and activities for the benefit of MEMBERS and there friends

It's funny that a car that is supposed to be fun has an owners club website that seems to be anything but!

You havn't exactly cracked me up with your input so far , suggest you do a search before you make comments like this , we even have a joke thread you may like to contribute to for free .

Personally I find most of the comments you make about the WSCC and its members very insulting , that lead me to believe you are a troll.

Otherwise why make such stupid comments , clearly designed to wind us up !

• Like 1

Personally I find most of the comments you make about the WSCC and its members very insulting , that lead me to believe you are a troll.

Ooops .... :down:

For what it's worth the old factory regiem did try and set up a rival club once and failed. The current organisation i can not comment on surfice to say that all attempts to involve them/club have thus far failed. I for one have given up on this approach and will now focus my time on building bridges with sponsors and other interested partners.

Mr Benny sir, crack on with posts about films/banter etc, we are all interested and all like them......but the mods are not here to dream up topics for you, you lead and others will follow then in a short time you will be changing the culture by adding to it, ie tell us what you want and be prepared to do something about it.

• Like 1

Don't forget LB you have had some free advice about your seats thread etc. already so can't be all bad eh!

I can assure you Lord Benny's not a troll. I know him and can vouch for the fact he is a thoroughly decent chap :).

If nothing it's certainly got the forum busier :d

I can assure you Lord Benny's not a troll. I know him and can vouch for the fact he is a thoroughly decent chap :).

If nothing it's certainly got the forum busier :d

Aaaah but if you go to the pub, is he the bloke who nips to the bog while you get the beers in.......you know the tight :arse:

Aaaah but if you go to the pub, is he the bloke who nips to the bog while you get the beers in.......you know the tight :arse:

Nah, he just has deep pockets and short arms. Expects others to pay for the services he uses. :bangshead: