A Newbies View Of The Wscc!

Lordbenny

you know the thread has run out of steam when the best analogy is referencing Mars Bars being £30 ;-)

• Like 1

you know the thread has run out of steam when the best analogy is referencing Mars Bars being £30 ;-)

However....is that the ordinary size Mars bar or the jumbo sized one? I'm sure the big ones are about 30 quid now! :d

Matt

This has been a very interesting, and sometimes entertaining, topic to read and ultimately, we're all entitled to our personal opinions on what one expects from an owners club.

We'd all like something for nothing or expect more than we may be entitled to. However, if we were to take a look at some other similar (remember, similar) clubs, then we'd see that a membership fee and the advantages therein are pretty much the same. I do agree that to entice new membership that, maybe after an initial free registration, limited access is given in the shape of a limited amount of Searches, etc. should be afforded to the new user. Let's not forget however, that those that have paid for membership should also see some worth back from there fee .. something which I truly beleive I do. A helluva lot goes into the support infrastructure of running a national club and paying a little into it to ensure its sustainability makes absolute sense.

It incredulous to think that some people think that they should have full access privileges for nothing, log on, get what they want, then p*** off with not so much as a thank you (as unfortunately some people have done - although thankfully they are few).

It is however, also very difficult to put across points of view in written words on a forum and miss the context of the point being made.

My tuppence: Support your Club! Join, get along to meets/runs/social gatherings with other like minded individuals .. there's a lot more to this Club than just a source for information/advice. It's certainly one of the more friendlier and social clubs I've been a member of!

FWIW, how about a 'free two month taster' with full access for new members with an option to join or not afterwards? :-)