A Newbies View Of The Wscc!

Lordbenny

I would personally prefer to have my own opinion rather than be force fed what you or you feel others are thinking

you dont have to read it ,no one's forcing you to ,just dont read it then start bleating about it ,everyone one has there own opinions i choose to voice mine its up to you and others weather you and they agree or not i couldnt give a flying chuff either way im not out to win freinds ,i have plenty of them , at least i speak my mind and if you dont like it its not my problem , i would rather stand up for what i believe than say nowt weather it upsets people or not , i have been a wscc member since 1997 i think from memory and a proud member ,when someone pops up who is not a member starts critisising the club forum because they cant get summat for free then i will say what i believe is right

• Like 2

SD for ever!

Totally agree with you

Cleggy,

Steve isn't force feeding anyone, he has his opinions and isn't afraid to air them and as long as folk understand straight talking then they wont be upset. We all tend to sit back and complain about this and that but don't do anything about it. Steve tells it as it is, like him or loathe him his interests are well founded and sincere. bl**** man wuv sh!te

Bob

I'd rather read his words than see his naked body in the sauna - sorry workshop. :laugh:

I'd rather read his words than see his naked body in the sauna - sorry workshop. :laugh:

if you pop round on your way into work in the morning youi can give me a massage

As I and others have mentioned in previous posts, most believe the membership fee to be well worth it for a variety of reasons - there really is no argument there - and all the stuff about what should and should not be standard options in the boardroom is open to debate, but at the end of the day is the "WSCC collectives" decision, cannot argue with that!

but surely as members we have a vested interest in encouraging people to join by extolling the virtues of the club rather than being, umm, shall we say "blunt or aggressive" - if they decide not to listen, then that is their decision and can continue to user the forums as is, or decide to spend their time elsewhere

I really just don't see how 'going on the attack' encourages people to join our club - do we not want to be seen as a pleasant community of like minded individuals with a common interest that people will gravitate towards?

Just an opinion of a bleating mong from Peterborough :laugh:

• Like 1

Don't forget that if you disagree with the club and commitees policies, want to be in a position where you can make change and would like to receive full free membership with all posting and searching rights on this forum there is presently a vacancy for a Membership Secretary.

Apply here for position of WSCC Membership Secretary

For the absence of doubt, Committee members must be WSCC Members, before I get a raft of non-members who would like to dismantle the club from within.

I should also point out that the vacancy for Membership Secretary has been filled and the thread linked to has now been closed. I should have closed it earlier for which I apologise.

I will anounce the name of the poor unfortunate willing volunteer in due course. In the meantime we are undergoing a handover process between the outgoing and incoming Membership Secretary. I would ask you all to respect their efforts during the transition by avoiding a large amount of un-necessary speculation.

With regards to the points rasied in this thread, the Committee are currently considering the options available to us. Expect an anouncement in the very near future as to how we plan to proceed.

• Like 2

Yes we did have a big tent, with merchandise, membership and auto jumble a cafe for members, AO displays, boardroom uplink, Northampton Motorsport, some speed series cars and drivers and some 300 cars.....oh and Vickie butler Henderson and tiff needle.

Then indoors we had the speed series display and the club sponsors displaying.

Tis funny, but I sit on 3 other forums and guess what, they all have similar characters and similar debates but it is this club that I will always support.

It is alway's difficult to get the right balance in anything. The club is great and the benefits are very worthwile but as in all things it must sell it's self to people who are looking. I have no problems with the rules and if others do not agree with them then they have two choices. One is to get involved, influence change and that can only really be done from within the fold not from outside. The other is to flounch around in a strop. The problem with threads like this is they go off track somewhat, this should not be about how SteveD comes across, he is one of our better members for help and advice to others,but he is a blunt northener like myself, it should be are the boardroom restrictions fair, and if they were eased would it attract more people or would it reduce the membership further?

It appears the committe are looking at things and as they are our elected persons we should let them make those decisions. if you disagree vote them out. But in reality to vote people out you have to offer viable alternatives, as I see it the committe get more right than wrong and deserve our support.

You will never make everyone happy, is it really worth the last 11 pages of bickering.

• Like 2

You will never make everyone happy, is it really worth the last 11 pages of bickering.

Did my snack food sales a world of good! :t-up::d

I would only like to add, while I was initially put off by the cost to register and use all the forum features, the over-riding thing is that it's only 30 quid.

30 quid. If you own a westfield, you are clearly not short of a bob or two, so if that's the way the club organise things, then so be it. Cough up.

The experience and knowledge is there even if you don't pay. Something has to pay the hosting fees. Magazine. Calendar. Etc.

I would only like to add, while I was initially put off by the cost to register and use all the forum features, the over-riding thing is that it's only 30 quid.

30 quid. If you own a westfield, you are clearly not short of a bob or two, so if that's the way the club organise things, then so be it. Cough up.

The experience and knowledge is there even if you don't pay. Something has to pay the hosting fees. Magazine. Calendar. Etc.

Just curious, but did you read the previous ten pages? Not just click through them, but actually read the posts?

It is alway's difficult to get the right balance in anything. The club is great and the benefits are very worthwile but as in all things it must sell it's self to people who are looking. I have no problems with the rules and if others do not agree with them then they have two choices. One is to get involved, influence change and that can only really be done from within the fold not from outside. The other is to flounch around in a strop. The problem with threads like this is they go off track somewhat, this should not be about how SteveD comes across, he is one of our better members for help and advice to others,but he is a blunt northener like myself, it should be are the boardroom restrictions fair, and if they were eased would it attract more people or would it reduce the membership further?

It appears the committe are looking at things and as they are our elected persons we should let them make those decisions. if you disagree vote them out. But in reality to vote people out you have to offer viable alternatives, as I see it the committe get more right than wrong and deserve our support.

From the posts I have read, no one has really gotten stroppy and the thread has stayed on topic quite well.

Neither is anyone out to lynch Steve or anyone else from the way I read things. He was/is blunt. Some people, myself included, didn't think this was the kind of post that would encourage potential members (who have yet to witness/read about Steve's generosity) to sign up. Being a stubborn blunt b4stard myself, i'd have probably gone elsewhere and made sure I informed everyone thusly. A kneejerk and petty over reaction it would have been, mind.

However, i'm here and I can safely say that it was/is worth joining the club.

So what we all want is for more decent like minded people to sign up and here we are discussing the best way to go about that.

We should feel fortunate that the OP has taken his time to tell us what he thinks. He is the demographic we are chasing after all, so his opinion should be taken on board.

Of course, that is not to say that established members shouldn't be heard too, but then we all knew we had a voice :)

So, is there a way of knowing what is best? Of course there is!

I don't know what MI data we have on memberships or how various factors such as the CC have affected them. Basically, what we need is an external variable compensated baseline. From that, any change can be monitored. We could also include a section on the signup form asking 'why', but that still won't give us info on the ones that got away.

The final thing that has been annoying me is the 'It's only £30'. This is not a valid argument. If you walked into a newsagent and saw that Mars bars were £30, you probably wouldn't purchase one (yet it's only £30). And before you call me a hypocrite, you have to realise the value it is given by the individual, hence why it is a moot point :)

its hardly a good comparison ,a mars bar in a newsagent to joining the wscc fot £30

its hardly a good comparison ,a mars bar in a newsagent to joining the wscc fot £30

In one way it is. In another it is absolutely sh1te. I'm trying to be comprehensive, yet non verbose. I'm failing!

The value on something is individualistic. We cannot tell someone to be blasé about £30 because it's still £30 and people have a budget :)

All i'd like to see is a bit more of a gesture from the front of house that is this forum. I'm not on about us all dropping to our knees for Bigbob the 'newbie' and his 'c0ck meat sandwich', but more of a relaxed outlook pointing to those other benefits that make the membership worthwhile to a greater audience :)

how many times do people have to say in this thread the value you get from your £30 membership fee , its time and time again and also what else the fee goes towards , and im sorry if you think £30 is a lot of money over a year then :laugh: its pence per week ,and you could get more than that back in your insurance discount for club membership

yes i understand money is tight foir some people and i really do feel for them but as i said its pence per week , people blow £6 or whatever on a packet of fags or blow £80 on i night out with the lads but i dont hear people moaning about this ,so in comparison the membership is peanuts