Oulton Park Trackday Fri 2Nd Mar Trackaction - Wscc

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Told ya you should be coming along :p .

Bearing in mind that the wettest trackday that I think any of us have ever done was in the middle of last summer I don't think there's much point in going seasonal on trackdays any more!

I dont think I would describe what I did at Cottesmore last year as "doing a trackday". My car was undrivable in those conditions. added to which, I was driving practically blind. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Tonsko

• Andrew

• matt nossiter

I dont think I would describe what I did at Cottesmore last year as "doing a trackday". My car was undrivable in those conditions. added to which, I was driving practically blind. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funnily enough, I enjoyed that wet day. If it had to be wet, Cottesmore was the right place to do it. :laugh:

The forecast is looking good ya bar stewards! :laugh:

With regarding video equipment, the MSV video indemnity form states that the cameras must have a bolt-on mount or similar designed for the purpose, and not a suction mounting. I bought a suction mounting specifically for mounting on my windscreen in my normal car - so I'm imagining from this that I will not be able to use the video cam. A***.

Can you not cobble something up? I've used an appropriate sized exhaust clamp, (to fit to the roll bar) and a bit of alloy plate to make them up. Couple of tie wraps to secure the camera, job sorted. :t-up:

I wonder how self adhesive mounts would be counted? (They feel damn secure to me!)

Didn't you use heavy duty velcro at one point Dave.........err to stick on your cams

Hm. Perhaps a scaff clamp might do - and then cable-tie the cam to the clamp?

Inspiratioinal pic. :)

This one's for a Gopro, but I previously just used a larger plate with suitable drillings etc to suit a camcorder.

DSCF7630.jpg

Yep, that works well for the little key fob cam, the GoPro's use, amongst other things self adhesive mounting plates. The 3M adhesive pads they use seem to be very strong.

I am going along with CL290005 as a second driver/ grease monkey! So see you guys there. Starting to get excited now.

Yep, that works well for the little key fob cam, the GoPro's use, amongst other things self adhesive mounting plates. The 3M adhesive pads they use seem to be very strong.

I have some of those too. I'll take them along.

The GoPro stick on bases aren't, at least according to the instructions, ideally suited to last minute fitting! (Though never having tried it they may just be being cautious!)

Clean the surface first. Be sure to carefully clean the surface where you will

be attaching your adhesive mount. Wax, oil, dirt and other debris will reduce

adhesion, which can result in a weak bond and the risk of losing your camera

if the bond fails.

Only attach a mount in room temperature conditions. The mount’s adhesive

will not bond properly if applied in cold or damp environments, though it is

entirely safe to use in cold conditions. For best results, attach your mount 24

hours before use in cold environments to ensure the strongest hold.

Surfaces. The adhesive mounts can only be mounted to a smooth surface.

Porous or textured surfaces will not provide for a proper bond. When

applying the mount, firmly press mount into place ensuring full contact over

entire surface area. Allow at least 24 hours for full bond strength.

Drying time. For best results, attach your mount at a minimum of 24 hrs before use.

I used IPA to clean the spot where I've fixed one of my mounts. As the weather was colder when I did it, I kept the mounts inside until ready for use, then warmed the grp gently with a hot air gun till it was at roughly normal room temperature. Only then did I bring the mount out and stick it in place, in my case, I'm using one of the curved mounts on top the O/S rear arch.

I've also hose clamped another mount to the top of the roll bar.

I didn't trust the Gopro stick on mount, so I added a couple of small countersunk screws & nuts, just to be sure.