• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Tonsko

• Andrew

• matt nossiter

Hi all

Really enjoyed the day and meeting some Westy people, and I did take some pics so here is a sample.

9750175_orig.jpg

5837567_orig.jpg

6520892_orig.jpg

8732219_orig.jpg

2431401_orig.jpg

3705163_orig.jpg

2967313_orig.jpg

The full selection are on my diary if anyone wants a look

I love the shots with the Lodge in the background, how do you get to that spot? I've wandered round the circuit a few times, and usually come against fences, which means a long detour.

Some of the pics are from the track photographers, all my stuff is just from the pit lane

Some of the pics are from the track photographers, all my stuff is just from the pit lane

Ah, you probably need a permit and yellow vest to get to that spot. It is "the" classic Oulton shot. :t-up:

It is, in all the years I've been going, the nearest I've ever been able to get to "that" shot from the public galleries has needed loooonnnggg lenses and a lot of faffing about. (although I suspect if it took a step ladder, there is a nearer public spot that might do it :o)

A vid from Stoney (Steve) Apparently he had some guy from Emmerdale farm on board. :) (No I don't watch Emmerdale..)

I'm too ashamed to post my video, I got better after going out with one of the instructors but by then it was 15:30 and we decided we should go while the car was in one piece, both myself and little brother had 'moments' on our last laps. I think we were getting a bit tired.

nice job guys

Andrew

what's under the bonnet as your car certainly has a pace!

Andrew

what's under the bonnet as your car certainly has a pace!

:laugh: I wasn't there! It's a mate's car, 2.0lt Zetec, just over 200bhp I think. Goes well doesn't it. :)

Goes very well, and he drove it well (in my opinion)

Good to see that you guys had a decent day with us on Friday.

Sadly my car retired with a gearbox leak mid-morning but with great weather and a wide range of cars on track all playing nicely it was still a really good day and nice to see so many Westfields out on circuit.

DSC_3774.jpg

XSP_5058.jpg

DSC_3424.jpg

XSP_5005.jpg

DSC_3369.jpg

DSC_3890.jpg

XSP_3976.jpg

XSP_4704.jpg

XSP_4497.jpg

Our next outing at Oulton is on Nov 2nd, we've already booked the weather so I'll post details up nearer the time and hope to see a few of you there.

Cheers

Steve H

T'was a great day on Friday, very well organised by Trackaction. Loving how empty the track was in te afternoon.

Went to fuel up after the 1st session to find that my fuel filler cap didnt want to come off. After some kind advice from folk in the paddock, we decided to remove the boot tray and put fuel directly into the pipe, only 1hour lost! Oh, and it needed bump starting all day due to a suspected faulty starter, but apart from that the car coped pretty well.

Have got some footage from the gopro so will get it uploaded some time this week,

Andy