Oulton Park Trackday Fri 2Nd Mar Trackaction - Wscc

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Well, I've got hold of an exhaust clamp. Will see if the suction passes muster (it's a suction lock), but it probably won't. Will see if I can jury rig something with the clamp and cable ties.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Tonsko

• Andrew

• matt nossiter

Hope you all had a good day... most frustrating seeing the weather outside but not being able to escape work early enough to get down.

Yeah! Was bl**** mint.

Noticed a wee oil leak where the car had been standing while not on track - need to see if it was because it was ultra thin because of the heat, or something more sinister. It's not leaked before...

Really good day, not aware of any serious probs for the Westie people. Sorry if anyone did have something I missed, or after I left.

I had sound check problem, but sorted it out with a quick re-pack. Then thought later that I had an oil leak from the diff (just rebuilt) but it looks as if it was a bit overfilled, because it was coming from the breather, so we fitted a 1/2 meter on fuel line (bought at the paddock shop) and a small catch tank.

I left when the little Fiat broke down, causing a red "flag" about 3.00pm. I'd done everything I needed to do, and my car tends to get a bit hot if it does to many laps at track speed, as it is set up for sprinting rather than long runs on track.

Well organised day, I thought, and better weather than forecast.

Big thanks to Steve and the boys from Trackaction for a really enjoyable day.

I did 180 miles on track with only one incident, throttle jammed at full during braking for Oldhall , bit of a trouser moment !

Good to meet some new Westy owners too.

Looking forward to the next one.

Andy

Fantastic day. Weather spot on. Really well organised. I did a few laps in CL290005's car. Thanks mate. Itching to get my car out on the track to see how the additional of wide track, quick rack, front and rear ARBs, weight reduction of the car and me! will transform the car! My remit today was to do some tuning of the maps on CL290005's car, this went really well. Using megasquirtIII to log to an SD card and then analysed and tweaked the maps in the Paddock and back out to see the effects.

SteveH one day soon !

Yes great bit of mapping, need to work on remote monitoring.

Great day even though had issue with caliper so a earlier end but it was the first outing, need now to focus on remaining projects.

Thanks to SteveH for the ride and over cooking the chicane!

Plus we had a great non queing drive back to Oxford.

Can't wait to the next one

Yes great bit of mapping, need to work on remote monitoring.

Great day even though had issue with caliper so a earlier end but it was the first outing, need now to focus on remaining projects.

Thanks to SteveH for the ride and over cooking the chicane!

Plus we had a great non queing drive back to Oxford.

Can't wait to the next one

Hehe, yep. Been looking at the last log. That radiator is working well! Sort that fuse holder out for the lamba sensor! I can see the sensor going off line every now and then.

Hehe, yep. Been looking at the last log. That radiator is working well! Sort that fuse holder out for the lamba sensor! I can see the sensor going off line every now and then.

That might explain the early hesitance!

yep well organised day, some added extras by TrackAction which shows they think about their customers

Probably the best trackday I have done so far (helped by the addition of ARBs!!

Now I just need to work out how to add a pic

So is the only way to upload images is to have them hosted elsewhere?

Think so, I use photobucket...dead easy!

Sounds like top day and couldnt believe the weather! Must get off for the next one...

Dave

Another brilliant day Steve , well done Trackaction . ( shame about your car breaking , )

Weather was as promised ! , really enjoyed getting in alot of laps even if I did outbrake myself a few times ( in the same place Steve did so I must be in good company ! ) .

Took advantage of the free instruction late in the day with Stu and got some really positive comments so chuffed to bits with that !

Chris ,Adam , shame your day ended early , hopefully youll get a full day in next time .

Cant wait for the next one now , roll on Rockingham !