Oulton Park Trackday Fri 2Nd Mar Trackaction - Wscc

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Last annoying question, due you need a track day insurance certificate, personally I would only want 3rd party, have sent for a few quotes today but is it a requirement?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Tonsko

• Andrew

• matt nossiter

It's not a requirement and pretty well nobody has third party cover when on track, some drivers do get cover for their own cars but I'd say probably 80% don't bother.

The biggest issue I can see with any of the trackday insurance deals that I've looked at, is the excess, which has been typically so high as to make the cover only really any good for near total loss situations. (For a Westfield at least, different if it's a high value tin top/sports car etc)

Booked :t-up:

Now just need some help setting up the suspension, it's still out of the box setup from the build. Any offers ;)

Blink Motorsport - with their new geo set up gear should be open by then!

398443_333979823288953_304884252865177_1140502_1843059535_n.jpg

They're in Cheshire - not that far from Oulton Park

Last time we spoke they were aiming to open Monday the 6th of Feb, (next Monday!) so not long to go now...

I'm booked! Hope I'm one of the fifth wscc bookers! ;) ;)

I've not booked a garage, but would like to share. Anyone else got a garage booked, willing to share? My recollection of Oulton is that you can get up to 4 Westfields in one garage for a trackday, or is that a double garage? :d :d

Should add, I'm happy to pay my share of the garage, of course.

Got a quote of £93 for a day with £700 excess, I don't think I'll be bothering either!

I'll try to see if I can sort work out, I hope this cold spot doesn't last!

Hmm, that's not actually horrendous, (depending exactly what the small print says I guess), last time I bothered to ask for a quote I was told the excess would be £2k

I am happy to split the cost with you

No probs, just find me, and have cash in hand!!

My car is red, with a large exhaust system on the driver's side, and a full cage. Oh, and with luck by then it'll have my name on the sides. :d :d :d

Goods news, I'll find you :)

Does anyone know how much fuel will be needed, is it worth bringing some or loads of extra?