Oulton Park Trackday Fri 2Nd Mar Trackaction - Wscc

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Dont think theres any danger of me getting too close Steve , just be nice to be able to keep you in view for a lap !

Going to try and drag a couple more westfields along as well , is yours going to running then ?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Tonsko

• Andrew

• matt nossiter

Should be, I've got the new clutch and the gearbox will hopefully be ready for collection tomorrow. Just a case of chucking it back together then!

We should be able to get you up to pace soon enough BTW, you are probably closer than you realise.

Just booked onto this today. Will be nice to meet some of you guys and put some faces to names.

Steve, I didnt book my passengers on when booking as i wasnt sure how many to book, take it this can be done on the day?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know who your getting to instruct yet ?

Now looks like being Stu Jones (Formula Ford racer and S grade instructor) and Stu Pearson (2011 Ginetta G20 Champion), two very good guys.

Was that Stu Pearson you had instructing in November last year ?

Didnt get a chance to , had my brother as passenger all day ! . You introduced me to Stu before the briefing , will definatley book instruction this time , is it on the day or can we pre book now Steve ?

On the day, trying to keep the pre-event paperwork to a minimum :) .

Still looking for more bookings for this event if anyone wants to join us, need a few more so we can pay the circuit bill :d .

Hi only had my Megablade a few days but do fancy getting some track action and more over instruction! My car is familiar with Oulton but a Formula Ford lesson about 17 years ago is as close as Ive been to the joys of tracking, what are the requirements apart from payment?

Might have to work that weekend yet but I am interested.

Cheers

Smigga

You'll need a helmet (can hire on the day) and a licence, and the car - that's about it for the basics really.

There's a full drivers briefing in the morning to explain flags, overtaking rules and the other stuff you need to know.

Cheers Steve I have a new lid but does it have to be race approved? I will look but I'm on my phone at work, how do you obtain a track licence?

Cheers

I think Steve just means your regular driving license in this instance. Circuit practice seeing days, for which you need a proper MSA racing license are a completely different animal from regular track days.

Usually helmets are just helmets, and as long as they're full face in an open car, (not sure if you'd get away with open face plus goggles or not), shouldn't matter to most organisers if an MSA/FIA etc approved car helmet or a bike helmet. (though always worth checking the particular event I suppose, JIC)

Yep, normal road licence and any respectable looking helmet.

I've seen a couple of things about lids needing to be correctly stickered or approved but I've never seen it enforced and I certainly don't want to be in the business of scrutineering or telling customers what is or isn't safe - it's your head in that helmet so I'll leave it to you!

Full face is generally a requirement in an open car and a very sensible idea anyway, aside from that the only time I've ever seen helmet issues has been with a couple of motocross style helmets that the circuits didn't feel were safe for in car.

Well I have a full licence and a nice new fullface lid, I'll sort work out ASAP and hopefully book in!

Thanks