Donor done, build started

Dommo

Hmm Dean - seems to be very regionalised than one, speaking from experience :angry:

At least you have a rock solid coil pack now Dom - dont go leaving the ignition on for ages though without the engine running, it burns them out :oops:

So long as I do it within 12 months that's fine, they're warranted!

The certificate has the engine number checked box ticked so hopefully they'll accept it without a need for an inspection. Local offices are a law unto themselves though so I'm not getting any hopes up there. Hopefully it's not peak tax season so shouldn't be too busy.

The certificate also has service mass as 710kg. It's not that fat!!

The certificate also has service mass as 710kg. It's not that fat!!

It's normally a wet weight including the driver :)

If that's the car in fully road trim with fuel and you then it's lighter than mine. Partly helped by you being a short A*** I'm sure :p

If that's the car in fully road trim with fuel and you then it's lighter than mine. Partly helped by you being a short A*** I'm sure :p

At least Dom and I fit in comfortably and do not bang our knees on steering wheel :arse::p

I wasn't in it when weighed so presumably an arbitary weight. Still seems heavy to me, but no 'science' behind that

Take some scrap metal and I'll be free!!

Take some scrap metal and I'll be free!!

You taking your car down there for scrap........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::p :p

Registration process kicked off. Got to get it inspected on Tuesday. It'd be nice if it were road legal by the Friday so I didn't have to trailer it to the Abingdon track day, I doubt if it will be though.

You taking your car down there for scrap........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::p :p

Cheeky F##### !!

I think the weight quoted is a classification not the actual weight. My V5c says 750 kg whereas it's never been as heavy as that.

Congrats Dommo. Loved following this thread, well done!

Got my DVLA inspection appointment through. August 21st not August 14th as originally stated. That's frustrating...

• 2 weeks later...

Had a trackday on Friday - car performed well. It seemed to mix it with the MX5s there well enough, despite my driving. That probably bodes well for when it's set up.

But of course today is the day of the DVLA inspection, and I now have a registration number! Fortunately it was the same as the donor so I didn't have to go out and get new number plates made up.

Just got in from a quick drive to pick my son up from holiday club. Good fun, shame about the torrential downpour when I hit traffic! Got absolutely drenched and I'm thinking of putting a fish in the bootbox. Ah well, all good fun :d

Bring on some drier days...