Scottish group Applecross2011

ziplob

because of the amount of snow we've had the little b*******s have been protected from the frost and they are coming to get us in their millions and millions ???

Avon Skin So Soft  :t-up:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matta

• Wee Dov

• ziplob

• deanoecosse

Latest appelcross news

Ok team i have booked us all in for lunch at one o'clock on the friday at the Ben nevis highland centre in Fort William . we can have a menu sent to us and phone up our order when we leave or just pick it when we get there i would prefer the later due to the amount of bridges and sharp corners Bombero has to go over and round ??? just pulling your leg  :sheep:  Anyway planing to leave killmahog at about 9.30/10 will get us up there in time and allow us a few stops on the way for the family album snaps.

I have the van sorted out now and the drivers  only down side is we will need to chip in for fuel for it . i will let you all know where the pick up points will be on the thursday night or any other arangments you may want to make to get your kit on the van .

The route that has been posted is the one that we will be going like Matty i have done it a few times and its fab. We will be doing a blat on the Saturday but will have all that done for you on the day along with route cards and  phone numbers for the service van and everyone else when we all get lost.

The appelcross2011 stickers are orderd just small ones and i will post a pic of them when they arrive

last but not least still looking for a gas barbie to take with us for friday night and also a large family tent for us to gather in  .

Bob

Ta Bob -  that's great.

Might be an idea to have the next stop around Tyndrum (Green Welly - petrol/grub etc.) about 10:30. That'll be easier for the likes of Jumpy and Kev to join up because I assume they'll be coming straight up from the Glasgow direction.

Cheers,

Matt

I'm needing to get a jerry can(s) so what would be the advice .. 1 or 2 x 20L cans?

@Bob, can I also put a couple of extra tyres in the van, in case I flat spot my fronts early in the trip?!  :blush:  :laugh:

For the guys who've not pulled an all westy weekender before, any advice on general gear to take .. ?

Rab - Handy essentials:

- Car

- Beer

- Fuel

- Sleeping bag

- Tent (optional)

- Map of all bridges over railways.... :D

I'm sure others will have other usefull suggestions too...

Matt

Matt, you mention beer only once .. ..  ???   :laugh:  :laugh:

BEER  This is Bob :p after beer

This is Bob next day :suspect:

DC

PS Ihave the Gas BBQ sorted so not to panic Folks

Well done, dave on the gas bbq front. I had one lead but he never got back to me.

Grub was being provided for, wasn't it? We sorting out money for that nearer the time? Still looking for advice on 1 or 2 20L jerry cans for fuel .. what do you think?

Rab - I'm taking an emergency gallon fuel can but there really are enough petrol stations not to have to worry about carrying tons of extra with us.

Lochcarron and Applecross both have petrol stations. The biggest gap is probably between Fort William and Shiel Bridge on the way up but that's only 60 miles or so.

Matt

Rab - I'm taking an emergency gallon fuel can but there really are enough petrol stations not to have to worry about carrying tons of extra with us.

Lochcarron and Applecross both have petrol stations. The biggest gap is probably between Fort William and Shiel Bridge on the way up but that's only 60 miles or so.

Matt

Thanks mate .. I ask more for Bruno's benefit, obviously!  :laugh:

Ah, of course - has he found out where to put the fuel in yet? :D

Actually, I've just had a look and there's a petrol station a Invergarry, so it's only about 30 miles between there and Shiel Bridge without fuel.

For the guys who've not pulled an all westy weekender before, any advice on general gear to take .. ?

a lock for your beer might be a good idea Rab because I sleep walk (seriously about 3 or 4 times a week) and may go huntin for the swally in the middle of the night. :p

Dean - that's why we're going to park the van up against your tent once you're in it.... :p

if you swallow in the middle of the night there will be a few of us leaving the tent door open????????

if you swallow in the middle of the night there will be a few of us leaving the tent door open????????

:laugh:  :laugh: Dean, you 'walked' into that one. @Wee Dov, can that get a mention in the next issue of Westfield World or is it a family publication?!