Scottish Group

moochofun

I've tried not wearing one a few times but the odd lorry that passes me and throws up the fine stoor makes me feel a little 'naked'.

I've found a good compromise is a paintball/atv facemask - something like that on my avatar pic, mine is one of these:

http://www.savephace.com/

They keep the crap out of your eyes/nose/mouth but give you a lot more air and way more comfortable than a helmet...but I've stopped wearing mine now since getting a full cage fitted - too aware of the damage to be done if I bash my noggin off the cage.....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Dov

• Matta

• moochofun

• Jumpy07

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried not wearing one a few times but the odd lorry that passes me and throws up the fine stoor makes me feel a little 'naked'.

I've found a good compromise is a paintball/atv facemask - something like that on my avatar pic, mine is one of these:

They keep the crap out of your eyes/nose/mouth but give you a lot more air and way more comfortable than a helmet...but I've stopped wearing mine now since getting a full cage fitted - too aware of the damage to be done if I bash my noggin off the cage.....

Is that damage to the cage you're worried aboot? :p

:laugh:

Yep, pretty cool. I never thought about anything like that before... Somehow reminds me of the bank robbery scene in the film Heat...

I think there was an Optimus Prime and a white Star Wars Trooper helmets on sale a while back - that would make fowk stare  :D

Ok .. so to firm this up... taking into account all suggestions...

Sunday the 22nd of August, meeting at Kinross Services on the M90 at  10:30am

http://www.motorwayservices.info/area.php?area=126&show=map

Cars so far...

Matta

Wee Dov

GreigM (to confirm)

mii7rennie (to confirm)

moochofun

Judder

Brian_2fast2003

TerryC

Ziplob

Jumpy07

the Prisoner says he's coming to  acording to his earlier post saying add me to the list.

I might also have another car, possibly two tagging along also - will have to confirm nearer the time though as they work away from home.

I/we'll meet you in Perth - think it was the McDonalds car park on the motor mile at 11:30am?

Is that damage to the cage you're worried aboot? :p

It WAS a very expensive cage you know!!

anyway, unfortunately I'm not gonna make it - have booked a track day at Silverstone on the 23rd, so will be travelling down on the 22nd....have a good run....

So.. update

Cars so far...

Matta

Wee Dov

mii7rennie (to confirm)

moochofun

Moochfun Friend 1

Moochofun Friend 2

Judder

Brian_2fast2003

TerryC

Ziplob

Jumpy07

Prisoner

Latest update..

Sunday the 22nd of August,

1st meeting point is at Kinross Services on the M90 at  10:30am

2nd meeting point is at MacDonalds on the motor mile at 11:30am

http://www.motorwayservices.info/area.php?area=126&show=map

Cars so far...

Matta

Wee Dov

mii7rennie

moochofun

Moochfun Friend 1

Moochofun Friend 2

Judder

Brian_2fast2003

TerryC

Ziplob

Jumpy07

Prisoner

Bring it on  :cool:  

If you like I will print off route for everyone and hand them out at Perth McD's

times and dates are fine we may be joined by 2 westies from the newcastle area, they are up in Scotland that weekend .

Hi Dave - printing off a route map would be good. Marking a couple of places (eg. Lunch stop) would be handy to regroup, as we're bound to get split up.

Matt

Do we want to take our own lunches ie make your own (I'm not makin them) or do we want to stop at a pub for lunch ? for those of you on the last run remember the wait we had ,(Zip Lob still not got his lunch )whats the general opinion ? :  ???

Davie