Scottish Group

moochofun

Yup, I can do Sunday 22nd and the meeting points work for me.

Open to suggestions on the times but makes sense to try and be leaving Perth early-ish (say around 11:00?). Gives us more options if some folks fancy extending the route and still get back home before it's too dark.

Looking forward to it!  :D

An Applecross weekend would be good sometime too - maybe September?

Cheers, Matt

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Dov

• Matta

• moochofun

• Jumpy07

Top Posters In This Topic

Good start now more to confirm and we're on our way to the second meeting of the Scottish boys and by the sound's of it possibly even more cars

Wee Dov

Might have another one too. Do any of you know Dean from Livingston? He's been looking for an incentive to finish his car and this might be it!

Matt

As usual I'll have to confirm (or not) closer to the time due to work, but if I'm in the country I'll do my best to make it along...

Might have another one too. Do any of you know Dean from Livingston? He's been looking for an incentive to finish his car and this might be it!

Matt

Dont know him but Lets all go round to his hoose! :p

Why dont we organised a route that gives people two options...

For those that can stay overnight (camping I assume) then Applecross of similar... with a loop for those only wanting to do one day ?

Best Regards

Craig

I'm keen to come on the 22nd, we've got the propshaft sorted and just need to fit the new exhaust can.

Coming from Newport so will probably meet at kinross, will comfirm nearer the time.

Cheers,

Mike

Either that or do the weekend one to Applecross seperately later on?

I can only do a day run on the weekend we're looking at but fancy an over-night some other time.

Or, if we're looking at Sunday the 22nd for the 'day' run, anyone wanting to go further north (eg. Applecross) could do it on the Saturday and join up with the rest of us in Perthshire for the Sunday.

Cheers,

Matt

Why dont we organised a route that gives people two options...

For those that can stay overnight (camping I assume) then Applecross of similar... with a loop for those only wanting to do one day ?

Best Regards

Craig

Hi Craig

e-mail a proposed route to all the parties on the thread and lets look at the posibilities?

Cheers Davie

I'm keen to come on the 22nd, we've got the propshaft sorted and just need to fit the new exhaust can.

Coming from Newport so will probably meet at kinross, will comfirm nearer the time.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike good to hear you've got it sorted look forward to seeing you again

Cheers Davie

Yep, I'm up for the 22nd. I know of a couple of others with 7 type cars so will give them a bell as well to see if they're interested in coming and can make it...

Applecross weekend in Sept sounds the berries too  :t-up:

Horses

I've done the applecross road many times, just to add my 2p on it...  

Its a LONG way away and sometimes the road getting up there can be quick and sometimes very slow depending on traffic etc, so you need to be prepared for a very long day drive in a westie.  Also the applecross road itself (and further north) is a single track with passing places - extremely scenic, but not a fast/good drive by any measure.  Fuel has to be somewhat thought out/planned if your car is like mine and will struggle to get more than 100 miles between fills as its few and far between.  If you breakdown you're fecked - will take hours for anyone to come to you.

Don't want to sound negative but its a big drive which needs to be well planned...and the weather would be vital.  Not sure I'd be up for it in the westie (because of my cage I need to wear the helmet and its a long way with a helment and a buzzing bike engine), but have a new tin top that I'd try to keep up in if you're all ok with that...

I think your'e spot on there mate .

Lets do the run on 22nd and get something organized for a weekend in Sept?

Regards Davie

Yep, sounds good. The 22nd it is then  :t-up:

Interesting to read yer post Greig, never thought much about the fuel stops to be honest  :blush:  I don't think I get much more than 100 miles out of my tank either so yer right, a plan will have to be made for going over there  ???  As for the helmet/bike engine buzziness thing, I know where you're coming from but as an ex biker I'm at ease with that (all part of the attraction for me). I've tried not wearing one a few times but the odd lorry that passes me and throws up the fine stoor makes me feel a little 'naked'.

Roll on 22nd  :cool: