Cambs area run out to

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Mark - I have asked the Oundle Mill for permission - have mentioned we would be happy to pop in for a drink

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• housebeautician

• Liam

• swampy56

Just relised its in july, not this month. :blush:

so might make it after all :t-up:

Its ok , i'm losing the plot :laugh:

I must admit Tony when you posted - I thought it was strange that you would still be on yer hands even in a months time  :laugh:  ;)  :p

that explains it  :D

be good to have you on-board for this one

Just got an email back from Anja at the Oundle Mill

They are very happy to let us have our cars parked up on the grass right by the lock - be a very good chance to have a break and a drink  :t-up:

Its ok , i'm losing the plot :laugh:

Again  :p  :p  didn't realize you found it after the last time!  :laugh:

Hi,

Would welcome joining you guys, would also be great to get some goods shots of my car as it will sadly be put into storage soon for 3 years.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
good to have you guys onboard for this one - I really should get my finger out and get the plan sorted

good to have you guys onboard for this one - I really should get my finger out and get the plan sorted

Yeah! get on with it man. ;)

Ok guys a BTTT for this one

The plan - for those that know where I live and can be quiet so we dont upset my neighbours :devil:  be at mine for 7am Sunday (25th)  -

for anyone else meet at the car park behind the Lido outdoor swimming pool at 7.15am

postcode for the pool is PE1 1YY (I could not find the postcode for the car park)

The plan is (please note we may well not be able to get access to all the places - for instance the cathedral grounds have a barrier that on my previous visits has been up at this time of the day - but we may well get unlucky so I ask that you just go with the flow should we get not be able to get in  :oops: )

1. Peterborough Cathedral - I have not got permission for this - so we will just turn up and see how we get on - I intend to try this tomorrow morning to see if I can get access

2. work our way through Peterborough and go out the back way through Bretton, Marholm and Barnack - to Burghley House where it will be another photo opportunity and a chat

3. Head out through the beautiful town of Stamford - I suppose we could pull up on the little market town square if there is nowt about?

4. Make our may through Ketton and Morcot and onto Seaton/Harringworth viaduct - please note parking is limited here so some may just have to pull over on the side of the road

then I am not quite sure yet but the plan is to make it back to the Oundle Mill where we have permission to park our cars on the grass right next to the lock - went their for a meal last week and it is b****y expensive for food so maybe just some drinks

Mark J -any thoughts on a location at Rutland Water?

not really though about picnic/food - anyone interested in stopping for food at a cafe? or bringing a picnic although I have no idea how long this is gonna take

As before I think this will be a steadyish run out with some slightly quick bits mixed in to spice things up a little

Who's a defo on for this? (weather dependant)

meeting pioint - either mine at 7am or 7.15 at the location pictured below

PE1 1YY

map.jpg

If my starter is back in time i shall be there.

see you at yours mate :D

U can be my co driver if not m8 if you want - how's your map reading skills  :laugh: