Cambs area run out to

Cleggy the Spyder Man

How does the July 25th (SUNDAY) sound

meet up real early (about 7ish) -

Peterbrough Cathedral (will need to check gate opening as I went later in the day the other week and the barrier was down but the week before nice and early it was open)

Burghly House (were they have the horse trials - very nic country estate house with dear in the park etc)

Seaton Viaduct (as seen in pictures - huge 1m long brick bridge over pretty valley)

Yewtree Avenue (very long row of topueried trees - oh the spelling  :blush: )

will stop of at each location - take pictures of the cars if we can get them where needed

plus any other location that is suggested (in and around this location)  that we can think of - Mark your idea of rutland water sounds great but where can we get down to the waters edge?

and then somewhere for a picnic for those that want?

Talking to some of you about this and bearing in mind a few of the roads I have in mind I think we should make this a gentle ride with a few little bits of quicker stuff for those that want - just enjoy the countryside

more details to follow, but if enough people to "yes" to this date I will post more details ASAP

let me know

I fank u muchly  :t-up:

of and it is weather dependant as usual  :(

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• housebeautician

• Liam

• swampy56

Cleggy,

If you do the 'Round Rutland Water Trip' try and reach the Horse & Jockey pub at Manton which is a favourite lunch time visit for the TVR club and also my local so I can vouch for it being a super pub with good food.

Hey Cleggy

If family/work/band commitments allow I'd be interested in a photographic scenery tour.

Hopefully I'd be OK to start with you at Peterborough, if not I could meet up on route.  Rutland Water is about 30ish miles for me, Peterborough about 60.

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks ref suggestion for pub - I think I have been there before  :t-up:

Ok Dave hope to see you  :t-up:

Come on Cambs boys wake up sleepy heads and get your name down if it appeals  :D

looks like it's me, Dave and billy no m8's then  :laugh:

Put me down for this one mate i`m up for it. Thanks for your time and help and letting me ride shotgun on that mammoth run out on Sunday.

Put me down for this one mate i`m up for it. Thanks for your time and help and letting me ride shotgun on that mammoth run out on Sunday.

pleasure m8 - I enjoyed muchly  :t-up:

hey Paul - alright m8 thanks - would be good to have you along "if you can keep up"  ;)

how's you?

I might have the car on the road this weekend, before going off to work for a couple of months on monday.  Not properly mapped yet, so shakedown run at reduced power only.

I might have the car on the road this weekend, before going off to work for a couple of months on monday.  Not properly mapped yet, so shakedown run at reduced power only.

this run out probably wont be until later this year - maybe a couple of months away

I was thinking probably a few weeks after the local lads get back from there trip over to Wales

will get a date sorted soon but looks like we have enough interest to make me get my finger out and start planning a bit

hey Paul - alright m8 thanks - would be good to have you along "if you can keep up"  ;)

how's you?

All is good, off to Bedford Autodrome Friday, will try not to spin it! Then taking to Atom to south of France in a few weeks. Told the wife it will be nice and warm ( if it rains I'm dead meat ). Will have to pop round and see how your Project is coming along.

Ive now got an HD cam(with suction clamps and roll bar mounts)  that you can borrow for your driving day, if you've not allready got one.

Paul

I am always up for an early blat. Did a bit of this for my "favourite road" article last year. If we could we would want to get to the sunken church at rutland and get a reflective water shot. Or on one of the slipways.

Viaduct is good

parked mine in arape field the other day....migt find a straw field later in the year though

Bell pub in stilton. Oundle Yarn or memorial?

loads of places