Scottish group

Wee Dov

I live up beside Montrose and would've went down if I was at home...and if the car was MOTd & taxed too  ;)  I know Megastu was up for it as well and he's about 50 miles further north than I am...

I do know what you mean about the distance thing though. My plan was to miss out the direct A90/A9 route and find alternative twistier roads down to Stirling. The journey to Stirling could be seen as a hassle but making it more interesting by choosing the roads would make it far better. I used to do it this when travelling up to Aberdeen or down to Knockhill etc.

Another way to look at it is that if I'm not prepared to travel to meet you guys then why should I expect you guys to come venture up the east coast at some point??

I hope you guys have a good run this weekend and it whets yer appetites for some more runs through the summer/autumn.  Keep it on the black stuff :t-up:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matta

• Wee Dov

• Jumpy07

• GreigM

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be good - in all my experience of car club runs I find the ones with about half a dozen cars the best - any more and you become too conspicuous as a group, have to worry too much about traffic (i.e. did the 20th person turn the correct way at the junction etc) and also find it difficult to get a pub to take you all for lunch....so for me the number of cars is ideal

I'm pretty sure I won't be making it, out for a blast this morning and the b****y prop shaft failed!

Nightmare.

Waiting for bro to arrive with a jack but doubt it's going to be repairable at the roadside.

Any ideas about towing a westy?

Mike

I'm pretty sure I won't be making it, out for a blast this morning and the b****y prop shaft failed!

Nightmare.

Waiting for bro to arrive with a jack but doubt it's going to be repairable at the roadside.

Mike

If you've got a roll cage then tow from that, otherwise you can tow from the lower front wishbone, but I wouldn't want to go too far like that.  

Where are you and where you towing to?

I'm hoping the weather holds - forecast looking variable- unfortunately due to nae roof, if it rains I won't be there....

Nightmare.

Mike

Mike sorry to hear that bud ! :(

Hope you get sorted soon shout if you need a hand mate.

Wee Dov

Well we had a good run out today,

Met at Stirling services where we had some quick intros and a coffee... weather looked as if it was going to let us down, but as usual for Scotland it was Sunshine and showers..

From Stirling we headed over to Kilmahog and stopped at Loch Vennacher for lunch.. great location but service left a lot to be desired.. Boab just got his lunch before we left.  

From Loch Vennacher we headed through the Trossachs and over the Dukes pass.. where we managed to frighten a load of pensions on a bus trip.

Great day, weather held out, even got sunburnt... great company.. thank everyone who came along.

img2811v.jpg

img2810g.jpg

img2809r.jpg

img2808n.jpg

img2807d.jpg

img2806k.jpg

img2805d.jpg

img2804b.jpg

img2803c.jpg

img2802l.jpg

A great run - never driven on the road behind a group of Westies, you don't realise how low and small they are until you see them.....nice to meet everyone....just back to nurse the sunburn from the LONG lunch :D

A few of my pics, didn't take enough time over them to get anything decent...

_MG_2669.JPG

_MG_2660.JPG

_MG_2671.JPG

_MG_2672.JPG

_MG_2677.JPG

_MG_2681.JPG

_MG_2682.JPG

_MG_2665.JPG

Well done lads good turn out for 1st meet (6Cars)

Dukes pass great road ,Little bit fast and furious at times, (especially when we came round that blind corner over the top of a hump and there were a bus load of old buddies wandering aboot the middle of the road ).

So lets get the next one organised and a few more cars

Thanks lads well done

Wee Dov

Looks like you guys had a fun day out! Good to see that amount of cars (very clean examples  :t-up: ) showing up and hope that I am at home for the next one...

Not sure if Boab's F1 spoiler meets this year regs.. what do you think :-)  ?

_MG_2665.JPG

Best Regards

Craig

Great day out folks! Really enjoyed it and good to meet everyone. Must admit, I'm glowing in the dark tonight - due to receding hairline and nae bunnet in the sunshine but that was a small price to pay for such a good day.

The road back along through Port of Mentieth was great fun but unfortunately the unmarked police Saab with the blue lights in the grill on the M9 wasn't....;-)

Looking forward to the next run!

Cheers,

Matt

good pics craig and greg cheers everyone for a good day out  : dukes pass is getting a bit  worn out now ???? please resurface and make it one way????

See you have made some changes to the car Matt,guess you sorted the problem with the clutch ?

Some nice looking cars there and scenery to rival anywhere  :cool:

Graham.