Croft Thursday 6th November

Pilot Pete

Have you booked your Ards test yet Pilot? Hows the Civic going?

I have my ARDs this saturday at Mallory Park! Hopefully all should goto plan.  :)

The civic I've only had out at a wet anglesey but if the way it went in the wet is anything to go buy, it should be a pretty competetive package! I cant see how it can much faster in the dry but hopefuly it'll prove me wrong! :D Sunday should tell if we get some dry running.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• JeffC

• evo-mark

Best of luck mate - interested to hear what its like. Ive done my Bars for rallying and it cant be any more taxing I imagine.

Ive been looking out for a CRX race car recently but will consider anything that will be competitive. I see Paul Moss's car is still for sale. What sort of power is that thing putting out I wonder. Im guessing you will need at least 170 bhp from any 1600 to be anywhere near the front??? Been trying to find out but little luck so far.

Best of luck mate - interested to hear what its like. Ive done my Bars for rallying and it cant be any more taxing I imagine.

Ive been looking out for a CRX race car recently but will consider anything that will be competitive. I see Paul Moss's car is still for sale. What sort of power is that thing putting out I wonder. Im guessing you will need at least 170 bhp from any 1600 to be anywhere near the front??? Been trying to find out but little luck so far.

i think his car is putting out over 200bhp, could be wrong. The guy who sold me my civic says his mate is selling a CRX that races in the series, not as quick as the civic, but still a pretty good racecar.

200 pomies out of a 1600 saxo is excellent.

Its hard to find a competitive 1600 for the NSSCC.  I think your shed is a belter.

I imagine a similar powered CRX should be quicker due to power to weight.

Cant do any buying till Feb anyway mate  :(

Good luck for tommorow Pilot.

Cracking day today, got only one wet session that the captain took! :p  :D  :laugh: .

The civic was superb and continue's to astonish me, I've just got to learn to drive it! :D

Good getting on track with the og in the teg, really is a weapon for a standard car. Mark seems to be enjoying the nova a bit more, does have the legs on the civic I reckon down the straights.

A vid:

nice vid Pete the Nova is slightly quicker down the straights looking at that ,the civic gobbles it up in the corners tho

that was not me but my Nephew driving doing the opposite to every thing I taught him   :bangshead:

Sh*t was it today Ross wanted to borrow my trailer ???

Looks good Pete how did it compare for smiles per miles to the Westy

Its bang on the same for smile value, might even give more smiles. Its hard beating passing things in a shed! :D

I think its time for some power upgrades too! :devil:

Dont worry Slipp, Ross turned up today but was a bit under the weather after a heavy night on the booze I think. :D

Smiles per mile suprisingly close to the Westy experience.  :)  :)  I think it's so far removed from a normaly furnished tin top to be in a different league. The Civic is very noisy, reasonably quick, and handles great in the twisty bits, so much like a Westy, but you dont get cold and wet if it rains!  ;)  ;)

A few pics from yesterday..

DSCF4019s.jpg

DSCF4035s.jpg

DSCF4059s.jpg

DSCF4054s.jpg

DSCF4068s.jpg

Sh*t was it today Ross wanted to borrow my trailer ???

Don't worry Slip as Pete said i was a bit under the weather  :blush: . I am sure it was not all down to the drink as i deliberately didin't drink much as i was supposed to be karting  :arse:

Good Vid Pete tintops are suprisingly tempting :devil:

Ross