• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

karts

JeffC

Ps. you need to be back in the sadle Pete, you looked awesome yesterday , Ross looked like he was breaking into a sweat  :oops:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Was a really good battle and I really enjoyed it!

Having analysed some of the data tonight from the logger i have on the kart my best theoretical lap is 47.722 :oops:.

I myslef am struggling to come to terms with that  :bangshead:  :t-up:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my research, on the LDR (log data and research) my best lap is 46.1 seconds, miss out the first switch back with the grass shortcut and then go straight through the cones ;)  ;) Prey (or use a bribe) that no one saw it and bingo, lap record :D  :D

This is my only chance of beating you, but a win is a win.

Taken from the book of "how to cheat in motorsport and loose" by Flavio Briolog  :blush:  :blush:

Ps. you need to be back in the sadle Pete, you looked awesome yesterday , Ross looked like he was breaking into a sweat  :oops:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Was a really good battle and I really enjoyed it!

Having analysed some of the data tonight from the logger i have on the kart my best theoretical lap is 47.722 :oops:.

I myslef am struggling to come to terms with that  :bangshead:  :t-up:

I think I'll need a go on the Ross mobile next time! ;)

You can have a go on mine Pete, I have put my name on 7 kart the same as Ross"s  , collect it on Friday :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Or I have cracking 2008 Wright R2 for sale  ;)

You can have a go on mine Pete, I have put my name on 7 kart the same as Ross"s  , collect it on Friday :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

You make my NSSCC spends look like small change! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :xmas:

might have been cheaper to make you look younger,  stick you in my suit and lid and sponser you to race as me for the season  :laugh:

I don't Believe it  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :D

What year is it and are you keeping your own engines?

Pete you welcome to have a go and then i can compare the data and see what difference 3 stone makes!

Ross

its a Mk2 2006 apparently they are the same 05-08 ?? from what ive heard the latest mk3 ones  are hard to set up  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:

Ive bought it as a rolling chassis , it has a pair of big motors on it but think he gave £1k each for em so didnt try and buy them  :0  :0  :0 so will be selling mine as a roller, James has 4 engines if anyone wants it as a runner  :t-up:

its a Mk2 2006 apparently they are the same 05-08 ?? from what ive heard the latest mk3 ones  are hard to set up  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:

Ive bought it as a rolling chassis , it has a pair of big motors on it but think he gave £1k each for em so didnt try and buy them  :0  :0  :0 so will be selling mine as a roller, James has 4 engines if anyone wants it as a runner  :t-up:

I thought James would be buying it??

Apparently the company was sold in 2007 to its new owners and the jig was reset and the chassis's after september 2007 are the ones to get.  Not saying anything older than this is not quick but there was no consistency as the company was allegedly struggling. If the kart has proven results then luck would be on its side.

Just passing on the information i got whilst looking for mine.

Answering your question the mk2 went from 2004 - 2008.

Ross

Ross from what ive been told it was bought late 2006, raced at teesside with success in 2007, never turned a wheel in 2008, was sent back to 7kart in 2009 for axle carriers to be replaced (quite common ? ) and a checkover and general refresh and then raced twice at warden law since. Its apparently the same chassis as Mark Forsters ?

here is a pic of it but I will prob stick my black bodywork on if im going to be racing against the log  :0  :0

photo.jpg

Racing against me :bangshead: you won'nt even be in the same league when I buy another of your "cast off karts" :D  :D

looks like your big brother beat you to it  :D  :D

beware of the stobardo he has always had good pace in the daddy R2 , I might live to regret letting him have it  like I did selling you my engines  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

It was Graeme (Lard a** bob) who give me th information in my previous post and it looks as though it was once was run by one of his team.

When the first test then?

Well, the civics been mapped, went a bit the way of the pear though. Made a nice 188bhp peak figure but its all at the very top end of the rev range. The cams haven't even started to work properley, the vtec cam comes in at 7250rpm and power starts to be made at 7500rpm with max power right at the top at 8500rpm. So its overcammed basically.

I'll be putting the old cams back in, well some less worn ones anyway and having it re-tuned.

As it stands now, the car will be faster, it makes more power across the rev range, but its not by a lot, apart from the last 1000rpm. The old cams should make better power from 4000rpm and will possibly make better peak power as they are well within their 'power band'.

Sounded good though:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums....024.flv

Its a tough lesson but I'm glad I've learned it early on! :(

bet the captain shat his breeks when he heard it revving that high  :laugh:  :laugh: