karts

JeffC

yes one of the best days Ive had in a long time! was so tight between all of us, well except Ross who again seems to be away, best for me today was 48.88 pretty sure Ross was .5 quicker  <!--emo&:0  :0

few of my pics

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=ho....3624644

That's no good Jeff, me no do facebook.  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

.... could you print off a few pics and put them in an enlvelope and post them to me.  :laugh:  :laugh:

yer owld b****r, get yourself on the rest of your family are, even edwardostobardo is on now   :laugh:  :laugh:

Even though the rest of my family, including a blind cat are on facebook, I shall not!!

.. Pete says you can tick a box to make your pics viewable by normal people.  :t-up:  :t-up:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that was the best day I think I have had karting for track time, crack, weather and just b****y tight racing, never have been that close, come back Pilot and enjoy youselfe!!!

Yes was really good and enjoyed it. Really pleased with the kart and can't wait for the series at Teesside and Warden law!

You got to pinch that & put it on face book JC it is class :) (of Dippy)

What a day, Scot you missed your self. Fantastic racing, good fun, but Ross what are you feeding your engines, thay were B****Y fast, fastest man of the day :p:p

I think the Ross Monster has found his calling, awesome speed! Had a good battle with him.

Wish I'd been involved with one of the 4 way tussles though, they looked brilliant fun!

Enjoyed driving jefferey's prokart, felt really punchy. The only thing I felt it lacked was a tiny bit of front end grip, but it was nowt really. Probs more setup for Jefferey's mass rather than my super svelt self! :p

Pete I think your r right , was laid in bed thinking about it last night  :blush:  :blush:

I think it may actually have a touch too much rear end grip which id making it push on in the tighter corners, the rear wheels were about 20mm in , will try them out next time see what it does  :t-up:

Ps. you need to be back in the sadle Pete, you looked awesome yesterday , Ross looked like he was breaking into a sweat  :oops:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Paparazzi Pete.  :)  :)

DSCF9697.jpg

Looks like aarons doing a good little 2 step there as well! :laugh:

Jeff, I would agree with that analysis. The back end was absolutaly glued. The front end wasn't really that bad at all, but I kept missing the 2nd apex on the 1st switch back as it understeered a tad wide. It wasn't by loads, just off the white lines if you know what I mean. It also driffted after the middle of south bank, this wasn't too bad as I have a hugely wide line into the 2nd switch back anyway.

Its not that bad really, I would call it safe, like you say, loosen the rear a little and it should hopefully restore balance! :t-up:

But will it restore balance in the bravado stakes! :laugh:

little bit more camber and toe out jeff..... unles it has an adjustable torsion bar in there.....

or an angled steering boss so you actually push the front end in ....

and basically stiffer springs ....... or is it softer ???

little bit more camber and toe out jeff..... unles it has an adjustable torsion bar in there.....

or an angled steering boss so you actually push the front end in ....

and basically stiffer springs ....... or is it softer ???

400lb harv? :D

Harv what effect would increasing caster angle on the front give , heavy steering and more lift ? more front end grip ?

Its got adjusters top and bottom, I have it set about half way ie the top of the bolt leaning back but the bottom of the bolt also leans back which seems good for the dry which on the lasers shows around 2mm+ camber,  I never tried it yet but I could have turned the bottom round so the bolt at the bottom points forward which  gives it 8mm + camber from memory  :suspect:  :suspect: