• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

£30k on a sports car

Crazy Eddie

for an all rounder I would get the supercharged exige, they fly on track and half sensible as a road user, wouldnt have anything Merc as they are Mercs and all my experiences of Mercedes have been bad ones  arse.gif M3 is old hat now and new M3 is still pricey, Rs4 is a good allrounder though and at £35k if you search hard enough you could find one  thumbs-up.gif 

I have a soft spot for porkas  love.gif Ive had a 964 carrera 4 porsche looked the dogs bolox but drove aweful , spent more time looking at it and cleaning it  sad.gif 993 is the best looking porsche but they drive more like a 964  sad.gif

If I didnt have 3 kids no 2 ways about I would have a Porsche 996/997 turbo sat in the garage today  as a weekend user  , driven my pals and its awesome, not track quick but such a nice thing to drive on the road with balistic performance. As good as it gets imho.  love.gif cool.gifunfortunatley still a touch more than £30k though  oops.gif

edited to say my pal bought a noble and sold it after a week, I cant remember why but I know he didnt rate it  suspect.gif

bl**dy hell theres a thread  from the past , thought I was loosing my marbles as couldnt remember posting in it, thought I must have been loose on the keyboard after a few vodkas at the weekend  then saw the date  :d  :d  :d

as an update 

M3 is now £6k

new v8 M3"s are out there at £18k

Rs4 V8 are now £15k !

oh and I bought my dream car  a Porsche 997 cabby (and under £30k! )  and didnt like it  :blush:

bl**dy hell theres a thread  from the past , thought I was loosing my marbles as couldnt remember posting in it, thought I must have been loose on the keyboard after a few vodkas at the weekend  then saw the date  :d  :d  :d

as an update 

M3 is now £6k

Rs4 V8 are now £15k !

oh and I bought my dream car  a Porsche 997 cabby (and under £30k! )  and didnt like it  :blush:

so what's the dream car now Jeff ?

The sensible choice to be a classic that would go up in value, E-Type, Fezza 355 etc , but not sure the driving experience would match the price, when a good Westie would be so much quicker and more usable on track, without loosing money :d :d :d

Do wonder about a Honda Elise though, but still not as quick as a Westie.

at the moment theres not a lot that I fancy or not a dream car anyway , depending on what happens with the burgervan I quite fancy trying an Audi TTRS this year bit hairdresser I know   :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  but very tuneable from what ive read and seen on you tube  :t-up:

oh and yeh quite like the Vantage but interior bit of a let down :-/ 

TVR T350 for me - gonna need to work hard this year :d:suspect:

I really should check dates on posts! I always assume they're current!

I was a bit like the dream car thing. Always wanted a caterham, but since S2000 came out I wanted one, looked fast a d thought would be the part. Had mine 6 weeks and got shot of it! One of the most disappointing cars I've owned. Oh, yes I did drive it right... But I had gone from a seven to S2000 then to another seven (Westy).

Honda NSX would be worth getting now as a new one is out and they will (already are really) be a classic and will appreciate ;)

as an update 

M3 is now £6k

Rs4 V8 are now £15k !

yeah jeff me too, i was reading through from the beginning and saw my name .... then i looked at the date!

Mileage isn't high but it is 14 years old. Still looks cheap.

I know the wareabouts of an immaculate 526 hp v10 M5 50,000 miles good for the family and bonkers when you press that button and you can keep 7k in the bank

wrapped , rings alarm bells of whats underneath to me , I would be asking it to be removed before purchase so I can see what im really spending 30k on , and I have never seen a wrap that can easily be removed yet !