• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

£30k on a sports car

Crazy Eddie

:D I love the Noble :love:

But I was at a local Rolling road last week and they have had a noble in there for 7 months ??? cant get the parts to repair it (lunched the engine big time) also little things like a clutch cover can only be got from Noble and they come in from south africa 1 at a time????

The std exhaust manifolds crack and the only option is to have bespoke ones made ???

Ive also heard stories of £3500 clutch replacement bills :durr:

Lovely looking car but could be a money pit :bangshead:  :bangshead:

my choice

Assuming it's not a scam. Talk about attention to detail, the bonnet hasn't been properly closed for the photo.

scam   ;) its worth double that   ;)

the bonnet looks abit dody on that fezza

just thinking of fast cars 30K ish

how about a lotus exige?

evo/impeza

what about some of the other jap stuff. the integra type R thing ooo or a skyline gtr v spec

you can get any of the TVR's for 30K

sensible, M3/RS4/RS6/merc SL thingy (the bigger one)

Full Service History with invoices for 90K says it all really!!

Beautiful car always has been, but most of the ones I've seen have been on the back of a breakdown wagon.

How about a firebreathing GT-R R34 Skyline.

!!!!!!!   WARNING IT’S THE MISSES    !!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie you need to buy a Ferrari imagine doing driving lessons in it!! Bet you could charge a fortune lol

If not buy one and let the misses drive it she would love it!!!

Mrs carpet stu :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

sl55

ive seen this one but i was just shouting cars off the top of my head i'd have thought a M3 CSL would be better anyhoo

few sl500's too and in  todays climate who knows what deal you may get

:D I love the Noble :love:

But I was at a local Rolling road last week and they have had a noble in there for 7 months ??? cant get the parts to repair it (lunched the engine big time) also little things like a clutch cover can only be got from Noble and they come in from south africa 1 at a time????

The std exhaust manifolds crack and the only option is to have bespoke ones made ???

Ive also heard stories of £3500 clutch replacement bills :durr:

Lovely looking car but could be a money pit :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Clutch covers and plates are, as far as I can tell from the ones I've seen (and I've seen a few) standard-ish Ford/Ford fitment. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to source an HD cover or plate from AP. There's nothing special in the drivetrain. It's all standard V6 Mondeo stuff. The work involved in switching the clutch out is quite extensive though...

Manifolds do crack. There is (or at least was) an off the shelf replacement for them IIRC.

If a Noble is a serious proposition, I can put you in touch with a decent ex Noble service technician who will see you right and who doesn't deal in bulls***.

my choice

Assuming it's not a scam. Talk about attention to detail, the bonnet hasn't been properly closed for the photo.

scam   <!--emo&;) its worth double that   ;)

am thinking you're right. The vendor says it's in Spain but can be shipped direct to my door :bangshead::bangshead: . They need the cash quick as they're chasing a house :bangshead: - sadly I'd need some time to get the funds together.

At that price, t'would still be my choice ;)

Cheers guys I knew there would be some interesting options out there.  :t-up:

SL55 didn't know what you meant not being a Merc man but definately one to consider.  :cool:

M3 and derivatives have wrong image round here for my liking - shame because good car.  :p

Spoke to Jeff about his as wanted it but couldn't get the money together for a fortnight and he has started stripping it now which makes financial sense.  :down:

Noble was first choice but spoke to a company in Worcester: Dealer and they have a few cars in stock that they feel may sway me one way or another and have sevice back up - which I guess is pretty useful on this type of car. They have said I could get into a nice 355 for that price but I had initially thought that a Fezza at that price would be crap - maybe not ???

They also stock others so will see what draws me  :D

So will be looking at both the Noble and the dealer's cars to get an idea of what can be had for that price and of course which will give the most rewarding drive on the road and very occational track use (XR2 will do most of that).

Thanks for the link to Piston Heads forum too that will give me some interesting reading about Noble ownership.

Getting excited now only 2 weeks to go till funds clear  :t-up:

Cheers guys keep them coming

for an all rounder I would get the supercharged exige, they fly on track and half sensible as a road user, wouldnt have anything Merc as they are Mercs and all my experiences of Mercedes have been bad ones  :arse:  M3 is old hat now and new M3 is still pricey, Rs4 is a good allrounder though and at £35k if you search hard enough you could find one  :t-up:  

I have a soft spot for porkas  :love:  Ive had a 964 carrera 4 porsche looked the dogs bolox but drove aweful , spent more time looking at it and cleaning it  :(  993 is the best looking porsche but they drive more like a 964  :(

If I didnt have 3 kids no 2 ways about I would have a Porsche 996/997 turbo sat in the garage today  as a weekend user  , driven my pals and its awesome, not track quick but such a nice thing to drive on the road with balistic performance. As good as it gets imho.  :love:  :cool: unfortunatley still a touch more than £30k though  :oops:

edited to say my pal bought a noble and sold it after a week, I cant remember why but I know he didnt rate it  :suspect:

I would pay the ,ortgage off before we all get doomed by the credit crunch instead  :down:

...or find a mint E type coupe  :cool: