• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

£30k on a sports car

Crazy Eddie

Well time has come to cash in on the wife's good mood and she has "allowed" me to treat myself to a new car for Sunday drives and the occational weekend away.

Budget is £30-35k :) but needs to include insurance :(

So seeing as the last time I had this much to treat myself I bought a Porsche Boxster and hated it! I thought I would take some advice from you guys first.

Doesn't have to be convertible so have been looking at this: Noble

which looks like it could be good fun but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we all know how indecisive I am  :blush:  :D  :p  ;)

Cheers

Eddie

(Westie still on cards so not needed as an option  :t-up: )

Ultima GTR was designed by Lee Noble wasn't it?

Not much to choose between a Noble and an Ultima. If the Ultima was built *well* it'll probably be better quality than the Noble :0

For 30K though, I think I'd go with PollyX and be looking for some sort of Porsche...

I've driven a noble M12 reampped to 400hp by noble it was a very fast car, steers like a caterfield, no ABS etc, hardly any trim, quite a raw car it was great but i guess you'd have to be a pretty competent driver to get the most out of it on a trackday.  caterfield prob easier to get closer to the limit in.  its all down to personal choice in terms of a what you want a comfy barge to waft around in or a B raod/trackday terror ....911 turbo is best of both worlds but you never feel special in one and people dont look as its just another jelly mould 911/boxster hence why my mates just bought a F355.

30 K gets you into a 964 RS my fav 911 ever simillar thing to a noble but built properly and well proven in terms of reliability. they dont loose money eithier and infact prices are tipped to be on the up slightly as per the original 2.7 RS.

Not much to choose between a Noble and an Ultima. If the Ultima was built *well* it'll probably be better quality than the Noble :0

For 30K though, I think I'd go with PollyX and be looking for some sort of Porsche...

yes the ultima was desgin by lee noble and was also used asa test mule for the maclaren F1 during development

yes the ultima was desgin by lee noble and was also used asa test mule for the maclaren F1 during development

I actually know where that particular Noble is...

• Like 1

You already know my thoughts

Porsche 911 - 996 etc good all rounder.

Go with your original idea....

Sell one golf

Buy a westie 10k - 15k

Use balance of cash and money from golf and buy the porsche ... job jobbed !

note for all

This will leave him with

1) A Golf to train the new drivers.

2) The track fiesta

3) A damn good Westfield

4) a Porsche

What else does a bloke need! (in the way of cars anyway)

What do you want from the car, the fastest car you can buy or a rewarding drive?

I've tested several sports cars and they'll all very good but only one gets me excited, (no, not like that   :bangshead: ) and it's the Honda S2000. I know it's not that good as a complete package but, when you hit VTEC and the needle flies to 9K rpm :love: , it feels like the car comes alive.

Tubs

Morgan Aero 8 if you are that way inclined?

Various Astons - Virage, DB7 etc

E-Type Jag :cool:

A mate of mine's old man has just bought the new Aero 8. It looks and sounds amazing! And is b****y quick.

He did have another morgan (the V6 one) which he bought new last year and a 550 Maranello (still has).

I think the plan is to see if the aero 8 can replace both the Fezza and the Morgan (i imagine that's a pain to choose from on a sunny sunday!  :mad: ).

I'm due to stay with him at their apartment on lake como ( :cool: ) next week, so will be quizzing him about the aero 8 then. But I absolutely love it.

How about an M3 csl? sounds abit silly compared to porsche etc.. but once you have driven one and heard the sound of it from the inside (sounds amazing from the inside and ok from the outside)

This way - you can pretend it is a sensible car - even though it isn't :p

Also has 4 proper seats - looks good - will hold it value and be reliable.

At least look at one, and you'll be suprised  ;)

Dan :D