• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

£30k on a sports car

Crazy Eddie

You really can't argue against a Porsche - everyday supercar ............BUT.............a bit boring IMO.

Cars are very personal and what someone loves the other will hate.

In respect to a Beemer.......again excellent but more of a dailly driver than a Sunday Toy.

Cobra's........ nice but purely pose factor as they handle like crap, except the GD but it just doesn't quite look right apart from their latest MK4.

Ultima...........awesome but always break down in the morning session of a trackday.........don't know why as they should be reliable but the ground clearance is poor as a 'mainly road car'

I wouldn't spend 30-35 grand on a car; I would buy a Lotus 'Honda'd' Elise S2 (Top Spec for circa £20,000) - excellent performance, bit different and usuable as a mainly road car on a regular basis.

Then

Spend the rest on a season's racing in some form or another!

Pick up a cheap RX-7 Gen 3 for peanuts and spend £15k. Youlll have a car that can and will top over 160mph, hit 60 in well under 5 secs and looks b****y marvelous! :)

DSCF0338.jpg

Hi Ian,

You mean like this one: :cool:  :D

ColerneTrackDay006.jpg

Great car but looking for something different (thought I recognised your user name you were over on the MRC site weren't you?)  :t-up:

Racing in the XR Challenge when I get my ARDS so that is done  :t-up:

100E0184.jpg

Have (will have) Westie for sunny blats etc and this will be weekend toy for trips away etc so think maybe a sports tourer may be better after all like a 4200 spyder for example or 355 fezza etc.

Hard decision actually but don't get me wrong really excited to be in a position where I have this decision to make  :t-up:

Indeed I was on the MRC and FDUK, had the car for two years, although havent owned it for nearly three now.

You are in a lucky position with a hard decision to make!!!

Whish I seen that XR challenge two years ago, wouldve been interested in getting into that. Thought RGB was the way to go, but Ive chosen the wrong car and now spent to much building it!!! LOL

Has a 355 been mentioned?

The two people i know that have owned them have said that they were reliable. You just need to keep the maintenance up.

And although relatively pricey to run, depreciation should be minimal.

Has a 355 been mentioned?

The two people i know that have owned them have said that they were reliable. You just need to keep the maintenance up.

And although relatively pricey to run, depreciation should be minimal.

It was yes mate and a very good mention it was too.

Been to see a few cars and it has been great fun  :t-up:

I have ended up going slightly over budget but am really pleased with the car and can't wait to take delivery.

Thanks guys for all your help - if I hadn't have asked I didn't know I could get into a decent Ferrari for my price range (well just over  :blush: )

Sneak preview and I expect to be overtaken on many a track day from Westies untill I get used to it  :D  :p

Ferrari1.jpg

Ferrari2.jpg

Ferrari3.jpg

:t-up: Top choice I would have done the same with that budget.  Had to be a red 355.  Don't know if I'd have been lured by a LHD spider.  That V8, that noise with no roof :love: :

541054-1.jpg

Getting ideas now about my mr2 turbo.  Can someone pass me a can opener! :D

In a seriousness though Crazie Eddie don't forget to give this fella the nod when he pulls up next to you at the lights :D Could you keep a straight face and say "nice 355" ???

571591-1.jpg

:laugh:  :laugh:

Those reps are funny aren't they.

having said that I've seen a few that look pretty good if not my cup of tea.

With the insurance quotes I've been getting maybe I should have gone for a rep though  :down:

£2650 fully comp with limited 5000miles seems a little steep!!!  :suspect:  :oops:  :p

With the insurance quotes I've been getting maybe I should have gone for a rep though  :down:

£2650 fully comp with limited 5000miles seems a little steep!!!  :suspect:  :oops:  :p

my mate insures his 355 berlinetta for about 400 or 500 quid on a classic policy. he thinks its quite funny as it is cheapr to insure that than the boxster he had before. guess its just a case or ringing around.

• 4 years later...

Just bought a nice Carrera 4 coupe, one owner with 19 k on the clock, was pleasantly surprised with the Churchill Multicar price of £235 fully comp, 5000 miles per annum...it is cheaper to insure than the Volvo on the same policy!

Id say NSX too.

the driving experience in a Porsche for me is spoiled by the reaction of other road users. And nice as they are to drive, they're a bit too 'everyday' to be the high days and holidays car you're proposing.

If you were tempted by sl55, then how about BMW Z8?

Alternatively, a TVR sagaris would be my wildcard choice.

Ben