• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

£30k on a sports car

Crazy Eddie

What do you want from the car, the fastest car you can buy or a rewarding drive?

I've tested several sports cars and they'll all very good but only one gets me excited, (no, not like that   :bangshead: ) and it's the Honda S2000. I know it's not that good as a complete package but, when you hit VTEC and the needle flies to 9K rpm :love: , it feels like the car comes alive.

Tubs

I can think of at least two people who would dissagree with that.

Nice looking car but hard work to make them perform and un-nervingly light on the rear IMO

I'd have an Ultima any day

if i had that much money spare i would get a radical. sr4 or a second hand sr8.

there is alway some stuff in autosport.

this week theres a 996 c2 coupe for £20k but its done 98kmiles  and a lhd 996 cabriolet tiptronic 16000miles for £39,500

No Mortgage guys  :t-up:  - but thanks for the concern - nice to see sensible comments thinking of a fellow member :)

Porsche cocked up with me I'm affraid with the service and quality of the Boxster - maybe I could give them one more go  ???

Exige is an interesting one will take a look  :t-up:

Atom, radical etc bit similar to the Westie so wouldn't get used.

Like I say not looking for track performance more road performance as Track will be either XR2 or Westie and so the new car would probably only see the track if other 2 were out of action (might be quite a lot then knowing my luck  :D  :p )

Funny thing is finding a company that will let you drive one of these cars is really hard - everytime I have bought a driving school car I get loads of test drives and only spending about £10k each and yet here I am with £30k ish to spend and nobody will give me a test drive!  :down: All of them want a deposit first but what if I hate driving the thing would I get the deposit back??

Plus looking at a few so that would be me carrying around the cash to every car just to see if I even like it - maybe I should just buy a Golf GTi  :laugh:

No mortgage? Much jealous!!!!!!!!!!!

Big diesel Beemer. Performance just shy of M series (get it chipped), transport the family in luxury, and an awesome tow barge to boot. What more could you ask for? ;)

Big diesel Beemer. Performance just shy of M series (get it chipped), transport the family in luxury, and an awesome tow barge to boot. What more could you ask for? ;)

good advice Stu , beemer 335d will keep pace with an Rs6  Audi  ;) and it just so happens I could sell you one of these and a cracking trackcar to tow behind it    :t-up:  :t-up:

think I would be tempted with one of these though and in white they look  :love:  :love:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/571640.htm

Ultima GTR was designed by Lee Noble wasn't it?

Not much to choose between a Noble and an Ultima. If the Ultima was built *well* it'll probably be better quality than the Noble :0

For 30K though, I think I'd go with PollyX and be looking for some sort of Porsche...

yes the ultima was desgin by lee noble and was also used asa test mule for the maclaren F1 during development

I actually know where that particular Noble is...

Really? According to the book Driving Ambition, they were both destroyed.

how about a masser 4200.....not cheap to look after though, my best friends dad has one very fast in a GT car kinda way very luxurious and makes a statement without it being a ferrari

Hmmm, maybe it's just me getting older, but I struggle these days to justify that sort of money on a modern car (all dull) and find myself increasingly drawn to classics. This Merc for example was recently up at £25k before it was up for auction. Now if that isn't one of the most lovely looking things ever I don't know what is. Also with cars like these, (mostly) you get your money back on them when you sell them.

Edit: Or veering off at a bit of a tangent an Alfa SZ, I've always loved these things.

A Gardner Douglas Cobra (one of the higher end reps out there). I seriously have the horn for one of these at the moment.  Or a Hawk 389 FIA, just *RAWR*

Stretch your budget a little and get a proper v12 Ferrari.

I think someone already mentioned an NSX. Again, pushing the budget a little.

Ok you've got me looking now...

If it doesn't need to be too practical I'd get the Exige S or my current plan (they change alot :D) is to take a 964 porsche and strip it out similar to the RS & RS recreations that are quite popular :thumbup: Both can be done for 30-35k

Ultima GTR was designed by Lee Noble wasn't it?

Not much to choose between a Noble and an Ultima. If the Ultima was built *well* it'll probably be better quality than the Noble :0

For 30K though, I think I'd go with PollyX and be looking for some sort of Porsche...

yes the ultima was desgin by lee noble and was also used asa test mule for the maclaren F1 during development

I actually know where that particular Noble is...

Really? According to the book Driving Ambition, they were both destroyed.

It was a runner last time my brother saw it, not that long ago... ;)