Westfield Bodywork online

Julian Turner - Westfield Sportscars Ltd

wind whistles across the plains and a dust ball rolls in from the east as a group of narrow bodied car owners wait expectantly for great news of car parts. Some have long given up  but just a few remain hopeful, confident even...

I've been hopeful since about 1995. I'm in it for the long game... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hammy

• Blatman

• michaelcoombs

• Martin Keene

Getting cold now leaning on the gate overlooking the wasteland that was once a Narrow body parts store. Only a few swept wings have survived  unchanged for a thousand years ,much as the beak of the vulture  that nowcircles above.

Nature endlessly  returns everything to dust.

The wind whistles quitely but nothing appears to otherwise break this endless silence. One of the few now  tired club members has an idea:

"I wonder if Westfield would be interested in "a bulk order" for narrow bits- e.g if say 6 of us got together and wanted bonnets. i'm sure Westfield read this forum all the time - what would the price be ?? (i'm sure we'd accept the odd fault from old moulds etc)".

but the night just gets colder....

Acksherly... I need a narrow bonnet, in the old "oxford blue" colour. I'd be up for a bulk buy, and I'd be happy to spring for the colour pigment if Westfield "can't get it any more sir"... :bangshead:

Yup, believe it or not I'm narrow bodied as well !!

Well the car is anyway.  Always intereasted in body work as I have none at the min.

Could we get a V8 bonnet sorted ?

I've written to Westfield for a price list and to see if they are interested in a batch discount.

I'm sure a V8 bonnet would fit: chop the bulge off ,  few self tapers to hold it on top of your existing bonnet, bit of sawing, duct tape, few self  more tapers, filler , couple of spray cans etc.....  :)

Westfield have written to me saying some narrow stuff will be "on line" in the next couple of weeks  :)

"Hi Paul,

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we shall be putting the narrow body fiberglass part/prices onto our website, just gathering pictures and info at the mo, I'll keep you posted,

Best regards,"

what about new style for a narrow body? not keen on the new bonnet but like the back

Westfield have written to me saying some narrow stuff will be "on line" in the next couple of weeks  :)

"Hi Paul,

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we shall be putting the narrow body fiberglass part/prices onto our website, just gathering pictures and info at the mo, I'll keep you posted,

Best regards,"

Excellent news. I know the factory still support the narrow, made to order, but it will be useful to have prices to hand instead of having to ring the factory.

Particularly for the plan I'm cooking up for next winter. Probably won't happen but it would be nice to work out how much...

:oops:

"new style body work" (narrow car) - I'd say as much chance as something highly unlikely - like winning  the lottery on Friday the 13th whilst having an air crash; i.e. No.

Can't ever see them developing parts for a car out of production car just woudn't payback

To add to Barry's comments about the ecomonics of the cost of a tub, £563, with fixed rear wings being the same as one with detachable ones.

Like many people I paid the extra for detachable rear arches when I bought my kit, as an insurance in the event of damaging a rear wing and not needing to replace the whole tub. But once any damage includes a wing and the tub the costs become enormous and you would be better off with fixed arches.

IMHO the detachable arch tub should be less, you are getting a lot less GRP for your money.

What say you Julian?

Mal.

Are Westfield not answering? only  just read this post and its been going a while would have thought Julian would have replied by now !! ??

BUMP  ???