Next Cambridge Area Meeting 29/10/06

chazpowerslide

"Whose was the red bec-field? I'm sure I saw it go through in 11's  Neil "

It was one of the guys from Chelt/Glost Forgot the name (sorry) ;)  ;)

Still good day had by all , apart from your journey there :p  ;)  ;)

All the best

Rob

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scruffythefirst

• samcooke

• CrashBangWallop

• Martin Keene

We went out of our way to go on the Rushden - St Neots road, only to find it was littered with about half a dozen rozzers and lots of bikes doing 59mph.

I'm so glad that biker flashed us, cos I would have been going licence loosing fast at that point, I was up for a really quick blatt home.  Not sure where you went at st neots, lovely view through the town center past the river and it brings you out on the 428.

I nearly missed the dual caridgeway exit too, as I was going quite quickly in the outside lane to catch up when chaz and liam turned off.

Notes to myself for next season.

1) Where possible produce a route map.

2) Get consensus from the group for each run that if you can't see the car behind when you make a turn WAIT.

In the bike clubs I've belonged to we have succesfully used the "Devon" method of convoying.

Basically the lead person is allways in the lead.

When he makes a turn the second person in the convoy stops and indicates the direction to go for the rest of the cars in the convoy.

Once the last car/bike has passed he then tags onto the end of the convoy.

The new second place person in the convoy then stops to mark the next turn and so on.

If the driver leading the convoy loses sight of the number two he simply stops and waits till he catches up.

This way the quick drivers/riders get to crack on and the slower cars still stay in convoy.

The convoy can be streatched over several miles and still be a convoy with all it's members going in the same direction.

I think we should give this a try when we are out on a blat next time.

Chaz.

Basically the lead person is allways in the lead.

When he makes a turn the second person in the convoy stops and indicates the direction to go for the rest of the cars in the convoy.

Once the last car/bike has passed he then tags onto the end of the convoy.

The new second place person in the convoy then stops to mark the next turn and so on.

If the driver leading the convoy loses sight of the number two he simply stops and waits till he catches up.

This way the quick drivers/riders get to crack on and the slower cars still stay in convoy.

The convoy can be streatched over several miles and still be a convoy with all it's members going in the same direction.

I think we should give this a try when we are out on a blat next time.

Chaz.

Got to be worth a try... We used something similar in Germany and managed to keep~50 cars together for most of the day.

That could be quite difficult, as its not always safe to stop - dual carrigeways after roundabouts, motoway slip roads etc.