Buying a Westfield

minisweeper

Well i ran through the list of insurance companies in the FAQ this morning and of the 17 listed only 3 would quote me due to being under 19 (FYI anyone who's in a similar position, try footman james, MSM, and Graham Sykes).  Footman james is still my best quote at ~£850 for 3k miles on a car valued at £7k with a 1600 ford engine (seemed the best middle of the road ideal for quote puposes).

I plan on getting a magazine to check out a couple more but i'm not too optomistic.  Does anyone have any suggestions beside the above mentioned who are willing to quote for under 19s? (i.e. 18 year old)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minisweeper

• Blatman

• Jack T

• petec

Just browsing through sales sites before i head to work since the suns come out today and cruising with the windows down in my clio isnt quite the same experience as a westfield...

Picked a couple out which seem to fit my budget/target if someone wouldnt mind pointing out the pro's/cons?

One

(has the rac bar people suggested, and full hood)

two

(seems very tidy and has good comments (cool numberplate too!;)

Autotrader

(first is narrow bodied and seems fairly cheap though the intrior could do with some work imo; the rest seem to have their advantages (bottom one is the one i've been to look at but comparatively seems expensive, am i right?))

How much use is adjustable suspension and such (for normal road use)?

How much use is adjustable suspension and such (for normal road use)?

They're all adjustable I'd have thought? ???

Andy

Oh.  Fair enough.  It's just some seem to list them as a feature and others dont.  I assumed it was an optional extra so it could be setup differently for different purposes.

*bows

Someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought all the options for dampers were adjustable.

Anyone? ???

Andy

I don't recall ever seeing a Westfield with non adjustable dampers.

Listing adjustable shocks as a feature is a selling tactic for catching out a buyer that is unfamiliar with the marque by making the buyer thinking he's getting an "extra"...

Oh well.  I've booked another viewing for sunday assuming the weathers alright (turns out my exeter trip has been postponed, jack, i'll be in touch) so i'll no doubt be back with another flood of questions.

Incidentally, and on an entirely random and unrelated note: how much time/effort/money/hassle does a paint job take?

JeffC is the man to ask.

Hassle depends on how handy you are with a set of tools, and money will depend on what paint you use and how much prep and spraying you can do yourself...

Hmm.  Well I'm handy enough assuming i have reasonably easy (and accurate!;) instructions telling me what to do.  And i have a friend with a spray shop which i guess should help a little.  What different types of paint are there?  I considered pearlescent for a fleeting moment but i suspect it's rather expensive (is it even possible on a westfield?  i've never seen one with it (is it a satanic thing to do?))

How much paint is required?