Throttle Body conversions , Bulk Buy.

MAT1800

Mat

Carry on mate! Have you asked WF by any chance? I'd be happy to contact them to see what they'd come up with.

Kerry S

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAT1800

• KerryS

• Blatman

• oioi

matt ive been looking through a mag called practical perfomance in which theres a company called retro ford offering zetec throttle body kits which includes.-emerald ecu 2x45mm jenvey throttle bodies ,4x45mmair horns ,1 single throttle cable linkage,1 throttle possition sensor,1 fuel railand 1 inlet manifold total kit price is £1383 inc doesnt mention loom but may be worth a try tel 01536747978 mob07813436514 .theres also an offer for a free engine management catalogue from griffin power on 01765676665 or www.griffinpower.co.uk

hope this is some help i think thats jolly sporting of me looking for ways you can improve your speed to keep up :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Kerry,

No I haven't  :(

I thought that they might turn their noses up at the mention of  bulk buys and discounts etc...

I could be wrong though, So yes please, if you have chance, it would be good to hear what they have to offer / suggest.

I'm a little snowed under at the mo, but I'm still on the case, but I won't turn any offers of assistance down.

Cheers,

Mat.

:D

Cheers Higsti,

If anyone should know, The Racing God should.  :D

I'd read that actually beofre I went away, but then forgot all about it......

I'll see what they have to say this afternoon.

Thanks.

Mat.  :D

hope this is some help i think thats jolly sporting of me looking for ways you can improve your speed to keep up :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I think it's a very noble thing of you to do, helping the lesser people try and keep up with you.  :D  :D  :p

Dan

Mat

Enquiry sent to WF - couldn't remember your e-mail address so I'll copy it in to me at home and forward from there.

Kerry S

I hope Matt will forgive me for asking, but...

Zetec 1.8 or 2.0 = £1508.75 Exc. VAT or.. £1772.78 inc. VAT

Vauxhall 2.0 = £1275.00 Exc. VAT or... £1,498.13 inc. VAT

Why is the Vx system so much cheaper than the Zetec system. What does the Zetec need over the Vx that justifies the extra cost? Just curious, not trying to start a ruckus.

My gut feeling is that you could buy the Vx system and adapt it to the Zetec without too much trouble and for less than the price difference, unless I'm missing something majorly important...

Zetec 1.8 or 2.0 = £1508.75 Exc. VAT or.. £1772.78 inc. VAT

Vauxhall 2.0 = £1275.00 Exc. VAT or... £1,498.13 inc. VAT

Why is the Vx system so much cheaper than the Zetec system. What does the Zetec need over the Vx that justifies the extra cost? Just curious, not trying to start a ruckus.

My gut feeling is that you could buy the Vx system and adapt it to the Zetec without too much trouble and for less than the price difference, unless I'm missing something majorly important...

injectors  ;)

I should also add that I have found omex only to willing to help with post purchase support. recently I phoned up at about 4.30pm to inquire about the price if their pc based data logging software (that you can use from the omex 500 ecu) and they sent it to me free of charge with an upgrade to my normal mapping software to facilitate the use of said data software.... and it was on my doorstep 9am the following morning complete with all the manuals. Top service.

A set of acceptable Bosch creams come up regularly on Ebay and probably on MiGWeb too. Good for over 200bhp (just) and they should be less than a hundred quid for 4, just. Any SRi Chavalier or Astra in the breakers will have them too, and they won't cost anything like that. Bosch 803's (Cosworth greens) also come up at around 120 quid at close of bidding on Ebay.

Yeah Blatters,

Those prices Omex sent me are different due to the injectors needing to be changed on the zetec's but not the Vauxhalls.

Michael, I agree that the Omex deal can't be discarded, but if there are only a few of us wanting the complete kit, and most just want the TB's, Fuel Rail and Manifold, then we will have to look for an alternative as the Omex deal was based on 20 orders, although they were willing to discuss less units.

We also though all want to get the best possible deal on price, whilst taking into account ease of installation and service etc of course. So if we can get another deal on the table for those parts, then we can see how many would want to go for either deal...

I hope.

On another point, I guess parts can be sourced from Ebay, such as blatters suggests, although what if we are all trying to find the same items and end up bidding against each other?

Just a random thought!  :0

Ok I feel we need some clarification here.

So far we have one deal avaliable for a complete Kit.

This kit includes everything you would need to convert to TB's, including loom, ECU, injectors (ford ones don't fit), fuel rail etc etc. Everything all in one box. This deal is from Omex direct so we would know the ECU is of a high standard, and all the other parts will be to the same high standard.

The other advantage of the Omex kit though, is it will include full instructions, a base map (although the cables for linking to a laptop and re-mapping are included)  And a full  aftersales technical support. Oh and did I mention that the TB's are Jenvey  :D

This kit is £1,508.75 for the zetec and £1,275.00 for the vauxhall.

OR

The other possible deal is for a Bulk Buy of DCOE TB's, fuel rail and a Manifold. Then people can find any additional parts they need form elsewhere.

I'm still working on this one though, so please be patient.

I'm trying to keep this forum 'clean' at the momment as it's all getting a little confused, so please post up any comments you have about which kit you would rather go for, or your offers of help. But let please try and keep this on track, and not an argument about which Manufacturer is better or not. This is susposed to be a Bulk Buy post, not a X is crap but Y is brill post.

This isn't aimed at anyone, I'm just trying to keep things clear and to the point.

I'm sure you all understand.

Regards,

(Oh, I'll be out of the office for most of tommorow, but will try to check up everynow and again.)

Hello everyone,

Thankyou for all your ideas, suggestions, help and comments.

This however seems to have turned into more than one bulk buy scheme.

I would ask those of you out there who want to go for a 'complete kit'  to now go to this thread.  

I have not given up on the idea of the Bulk Buy of DCOE's so I am at the moment waiting for a reply about this, and I will start a new topic on this 'Bulk Buy' once I have the necessary details.

I hope this meets with everyones approval, please feel free to Email me if you have any questions not covered on here.

Best Regards,

Mathew.

:D