• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAT1800

• KerryS

• Blatman

• oioi

Throttle potentiometer. Tells the ECU how far open the throttle is by returning a voltage that the ECU measures against a set of values, allowing the right amount of fuel to be injected...

Depending on how much cheaper the bulk buy would be I would be interested.....

Currently running 2L VX on 45Weber carbs with Alpha 2D ign.

So gues I would need just about everything....... oh, and some bl**** good fitting instructions... :D

I thought you were going to just use the car for the first year or so before upgrading stuff :p So haws the car handling mate ;) ?

I'm looking at an upgrade to TBs in the next few months, so would be seriously interested for the right price.  Currently running 1.8 Zetec on twin Weber 40s, emerald ECU.  I therefore need the TBs, throttle linkage & air horns (and injectors, but I guess these will be very pricey from jenvey rather than ebay...)

Edit- oh yeah, and a fuel rail would be handy :t-up:

Neil

Hello,

Thanks for all the replies. It seems there are quite a few of us wanting to convert to TB's. So far I count 12. Although as expected there is a massive variation of engines and parts required.  :D  :D

I hope we have sufficient numbers to be able to negotiate a good price for most of what we need. I have started to ask various suppliers what they can do for us. This will take a bit of time to sort though.

Chasmon : I don't know what prices we are talking about at the moment, I am waiting to here back form the suppliers.

I am hoping we can sort something, there are 12 people here who have expressed an interest in parting with some cash for some parts, there must be a supplier out there who can provide us with what we need (or at least most of it) for a good price.  ???

We now need to wait for the replies from suppliers. I will continue to try and make this happen, so if anyone else is interested please post it up on here, the more the merrier.

Also if anyone has any further ideas, or suggestions, or links with suppliers please post them up.

Cheers.

Mat. :D

Cheers Oioi,

I was going to get into that in a bit, once we had the ball rolling.

That's a potential problem though, that we all want slightly different bits.

Have to wait and see how we get on.

Mat.  :D

Hi all,

Just a thought, although we all want slight variations on a theme if the whole order is placed as one regardless of variations we could have one pretty massive order.

I think that would still be worth a big discount

Charlie

**Edited to add, we will trust ahve to trust you with ££££ if you are willing to organise it!***

Charlie,

Please don't take offence, but you seem to be a little egar to discuss the financial details before we even know if there is a 'bulk buy' definately going ahead.

So far we have a list of names and engines (see below) of people who might be interested in a bulk buy if it were to happen, that's all.

I have yet to get a reply from any suppliers yet regarding their interest / or lack of, in any bulk buy scheme. So I think you might be a bit premature worring about the financial details.  :D  

I agree though there is now 12 people who have shown an interest so we should be able to negotiate a good deal.

Regarding you trusting me though.

I wouldn't, we've never met.  :)  

Seriously, I wouldn't expect anyone on here to give me ££££'s of their own money in return for the promise of some parts.

Nor would I spend ££££'s on lots of parts and then try to recover the money from people I've never met.

I think, the best way of doing this for everyone, and I believe what happened with the Bulk Buy of roll cages, (second hand Widebody RAC bar please!;) is that once we have a deal, ie we have prices for various bits, from the supplier, with details as to how many orders need to be placed etc. Would be for us to order and pay for the exact parts we need individually, quoting that we are WSCC members taking part in this bulk buy scheme. Then there is no money worries.

The supplier may have to process a lot more payments, but they would get a large group of orders, for similar parts, many of which wouldn't have been made, as most people state, this is something they are considering, but if there is money to be saved they would buy now!

And we get some good discounts.

Hope this makes sense to everyone, and does happen.

Here is the list so far.

Ford

Me – 1800 zetec, madness Kit,

Kerry S – 1800 zetec madness Kit,

Jak –  1800 zetec, madness kit

Gavin – 1800 zetec

Hugh Bevington – 1800 Zetec, weber 40’s

Nre – 1800 zetec, weber 40’s Emerald ECU.

Steve20 – 2L Zetec, new build.

Owen9364 – 2L zetec

Vauxhall.

S13RUM – 2L VX on 45 Weber Carbs, Alpha 2D

Darren Oneil – 2L VX on 45 Weber Carbs, Alpha 2D

Oioi – 2L VX

PeterW – 2l XE, DCOE 45’s, SDB Manifold, DTA

Mat.  :D

I am up for this only subject to the wife saying yes.  :(

1800 Zetec on standard ford fuel injection with std ford ecu so am looking for the lot. A few months down the line would suit me better to get the money and by that time the car will be in bed for Winter. Cheers

Stevie

Not getting too carried away, just believe that you have to have the attitude that something will hapen to make it happen :D

If the suppliers are willing to give a decent discount even if all are buying separately all well and good.

Put me down for a 2.0L Zetec new build pending a good price being agreed...

Cheers

C

engine is a tad irrelevant, if we all buy DCOE pattern injectors then good, although those currently not running carbs will need a new inlet manifold.

just a thought:)

UPDATE.

Hello,

So far one company has replied to my Email asking about a possible bulk buy of TB's etc etc.

They have said that once we know exact numbers and parts required they would be willing to discuss prices.

So, I am planning on waiting for some more replies, and then I presume we will have to decide exactly what parts we need etc. Then see what prices we can get.

So please make sure you have a fair idea of what parts you will need then we can sort out a complete list.

Thats all for now.....

Cheers,

Mat. :D