Throttle Body conversions , Bulk Buy.

MAT1800

i apologise if i have missed this but just what sort of a % is the discount, it would be the difference in going for it or not.

I guess this is a winter mod, so purchase date Nov 05 ish??

Count me in as very interested though....

Andy

:D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAT1800

• KerryS

• Blatman

• oioi

BTT

:D  Hi All,

Just a quicky to keep it at the top,

Back on this on next week.

Mat.   :D

Hello all,

Well I've had a fun week, been in birmingham for half of it and Aberdeen for the rest. The glamourous world of exhibitions...  :D  :D

The latest list of those who are interested is :

1. Me (MAT1800) – 1800 zetec, madness Kit,  (I need a inlet manifold, TB's, fuel rail, air horns, air filter, pressure regulator and throttle position sensor. I also might need ECU, loom, and injectors)

2. Kerry S – 1800 zetec madness Kit,

3. Jak –  1800 zetec, madness kit

4. Gavin – 1800 zetec, Std Injection

5. Hugh Bevington – 1800 Zetec, weber 40’s

6. Nre – 1800 zetec, weber 40’s Emerald ECU.

7. Stevie (judder) – 1800 zetec, Std Injection

8. Melt – 1800 zetec, twin webers, alpha 2D

9. Steve20 – 2L Zetec, new build.

10. Owen9364 – 2L zetec

11. Gromit – 2L zetec, twin 48’s, alpha 3D

Vauxhall.

12. S13RUM – 2L VX on 45 Weber Carbs, Alpha 2D

13. Darren Oneil – 2L VX on 45 Weber Carbs, Alpha 2D

14. Oioi – 2L VX

15. PeterW – 2l XE, DCOE 45’s, SDB Manifold, DTA

16. Andy (greenstreak) - ?? Looks like a vauxhall on webers ??

17. Jeremy W -  VX 2.0XE,45 webers, Weber Alpha 3D ECU.

Keep posting if your not on the list but are interested as nothing has been ordered yet.  

:t-up:

Thanks to blaters for the suggested list of parts....  :)

I have 3 companies who have shown a interest in discussing this bulk buy scheme, once we have an idea of parts and numbers, so I will contact them again asking for their best price per 'unit'....no freebies for anyone, sorry judders, I know you would really want everyone to benefit equally from this.

:D   :cool:

The list of parts is as follows.

For 10 or more kits,

DCOE type TB's and a (either 1.8, 2.0 zetec, or vauxhall - ie. to suit indiviual engine) manifold.

Throttle linkage, Air filter, injectors, pump, fuel rail, pressure regulator / filter.  And appropriate hoses and connectors etc.

I would suggest that then on an individual basis when ordering the kits, you source any additonal parts you may need from the supplier we choose, or elsewhere, although you should still get a good price on these if you get them from the same place as the kits even if not exactly part of the Bulk Buy scheme.

So like I said I'll Email the companies with this proposal and then let you know what happens.

Regards,

Mat. :)

BTT

:D  Hi All,

Just a quicky to keep it at the top,

Back on this on next week.

Mat.   :D

You not sorted this out yet? The next Manchester meet will be soon and you still won't be able to keep up without your upgrades.  :p  :p  :p  :D  :D  :D

Dan

You're right dan....

Although, I might suggest that it doesn't matter how fast your car is, it's all about enjoying yourself.

But's thats far too sensible...  :p  :p

So quit your Pi** taking, 'cos as the saying goes you've got to be in it to win it, and I seem to remember having to push start a rather familiar blue westi at least 3 times on the harrogate run...  :suspect:   :p  :p   :D  :D  :D

:sheep:

See you soon mate,

Mat.  :D

So quit your Pi** taking, 'cos as the saying goes you've got to be in it to win it, and I seem to remember having to push start a rather familiar blue westi at least 3 times on the harrogate run...  :suspect:   :p  :p   :D  :D  :D

Weight saving!

I tried to get rid of the alternator and starter motor to reduce some weigh so I could keep up.  :D  :D  :D

Even a Formula 1 car needs a team of people to get it started!

Dan

Weight saving!

I tried to get rid of the alternator and starter motor to reduce some weigh so I could keep up.  :D  :D  :D

Even a Formula 1 car needs a team of people to get it started!

Dan

Frontal labotomy was a bit extreme though  :p  :p  :p

Hi

Found this thread today as I've been away.

My car is a Madness 1800 with whatever ecu westfield gave me, looks like MBE something? Not easy to start and full of flat spots, I know it can go faster.

So hope I'm not too late. Very interested.

PS I'm in S manchester so hope to make it to an area  meeting soon, work permitting.

Cheers

Rick

I think you ought to sort that out first before throwing money at throttle bodies. Apart from the first 10 - 20 secs when it's cold my madness kit runs perfectly.

BTW. whats the safe max revs for a standard 1800 zetec, mine goes to about 6800 rpm before the limiter kicks in, and once managed to get the rev counter to 7K -not deliberately though :blush:  :bangshead: The rev limit seem very inconsistent - I suppose I need it remapped.  :down:

John

Agree entirely re TBs.

With regard to rev limiter I suspect it depends on how accurate the rev counter is, John. I know I have Smiths and you have VDO, but mine was way over-reading and I twiddled the pot so that it showed about 1000 rpm at idle but no idea what it should really be. It's an indication rather than anything accurate IMO

Kerry s

PS After a bottle - whole one - of a Muscat (SWMBO is off alcohol ATM) it's taken me ages to write this without speeeling myshakes

Hi

Thanks to Nick P for putting my name down - finally got registered myself

My first post........

Im currently building a Sylva Mojo 1.8 Zetec (please dont hate me) just got it running on carbs and emerald ecu so thought I better upgrade.

If im not to late can you put my name down on the list to?

Andy