Throttle Body conversions , Bulk Buy.

MAT1800

OK,

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is an attempt to organise a Bulk Buy of TB's and the necessary bits.

I have a 1800 zetec on standard ignition, with a MBE ECU, which I think can be re-mapped. I want to convert to TB's.

I will need various bits, which has been discussed on this Topic.

I want to use this post though to get number and names together for those who also want to convert to TB's.

When we get at least 10 people interested we can start to talk with suppliers and see what we can do. Posting your interest will not form any kind of comittment, however if you honestly have no chance of doing this now, please don't waste everyones time by saying you are interested.

I suggest a quick description of what you have, (enignes  :D  ) so we can make sure were not trying to bulk buy loads of completely different items...

Let just see how it goes..  :D

So far we have 5 possibles.

1. Me  :D

2. Gavin “I too would be intrested in a bulk buy deal,count me in.”

3. S13RUM “I could be interested if the bulk buy is a bargin”

4. Owen9364 “I would also be interested in a bulk buy deal”

5. Jak “I may be interested, let me know if it looks like a possibility”

To those above, please just give a brief description as to your current set up, and we will see who else comes aboard.

Mat.  :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAT1800

• KerryS

• Blatman

• oioi

Thought you would have included me, Mat.

Standard Madness setup as you are aware.

You are also aware of my thoughts on warranty issues from WF.

Kerry S

i would potentially be interested

2ltr Vx.  If were trying to standardise then bodies to mate to a weber inlet manifold pattern.  if were not direct to head.  Good enough to flow upto 250bhp. I can dream cant I ???

Sorry Kerry,

I didn't 'include' you on the last post 'cos I thought you were thinking of waiting and ofcourse there is the waranty issue.

I was going to and will keep you informed though.

So then thats 7 possible.

after some advice from a well known member .  :suspect:

I would suggest we go for DCOE TB's as these will suit most people. Who can then fit them to a variety of engines using the DCOE carb manifold.

If this does go ahead, I hope we will be able to negotiate a very good price, far better than you will ever get buying individually.  It's up to us, but if we can get enough of us to together and get the sort of dicounts we are hoping for then it would be the most cost effective way of getting TB's you'll likely ever find.  :)

So roll up!

Mat.

Mat

On the basis that a) I assume it will take a little while to sort out a bulk buy, b) I'm already nearly 4 months into the 12 month warrranty and c) I could buy parts without actually fitting them with a view to fitting them on later, I am still interested. Sorry if I have confused you ;)

Oh and BTW I need approval from the domestic financial controller :(

Kerry S

I could buy parts without actually fitting them with a view to fitting them on later,

Cheers Kerry,

What did you say, buy the parts now, even if you don't intend on fitting right at this moment. !

That makes a lot of sense, if this Bulk buy works, the parts will be at the best price avaliable, perhaps never to be repeated.  ???  ???

I can't imagine why people wouldn't want to be in on that!

Just to clarify, you are saying that you see the potential of this possible bulk buy scheme, ie. the chance to get a very very good price, and so you want to take advantage of that chance, because you'd hate to have to spend more money a few months down the line.

Thats does make sense.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

EVERYBODY GET THAT ?

;)  :D

Cheers kerry, hope this works.  :)

Mat.

I have an 1800 Zetec on standard injection, factory built in 1999, not sure what ECU I have, were there a few different ones that Westfield used ? Anyone have any reference numbers I could check ? It looks like an original Ford one, not had a proper look though.  

I am 100% about this upgrade if they are a good price.

The ECU that Mat, jak and I have is an MBE967, a red plastic box about 5" x 3" x 1". It sits above the passenger footwell on our cars but WF may well have sited it elsewhere in the past. It's marked up "Ford coolant input" (I just mis-typed this as Food coolant input!!;)

Kerry S

Depending on how much cheaper the bulk buy would be I would be interested.....

Currently running 2L VX on 45Weber carbs with Alpha 2D ign.

So gues I would need just about everything....... oh, and some bl**** good fitting instructions... :D

I have an 1800 Zetec on standard injection, factory built in 1999, not sure what ECU I have, were there a few different ones that Westfield used ? Anyone have any reference numbers I could check ? It looks like an original Ford one, not had a proper look though.  

I am 100% about this upgrade if they are a good price.

Ditto

Mat,

Mine is a new build so will be looking for complete kit within the next 2-3 months.

Engine is 2.0 Zetec.

Would be very interested in a "good deal" as I am well over budget!

Steve

Hi Mat mines a new build 2.0lt Zetec so need a complete kit . :D

Also in no rush next 2-3 months or so would be ideal .

Many thanks

Paul .

Currently running 20LXE, DCOE 45's on SBD manifold, Q450 cams , throttle pot + DTA electronics.  Please keep me informed as I'm interested in upgrading to TBs.  Thanks peter